New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Can't See Camera

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Di-in-nz

Di-in-nz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I'm new to mac's so hope someone can help me.

When I plug my Canon 400 into my imac an expired trial version of Aperture starts up.... all good tho as i just quick through this to close (still have yet to work out how to uninstall the trial version!) anyway once Aperture is closed i then cannot see my camera anywhere. I thought it would show up on my desktop as new hardware or something. I have looked in the HD icon but still cant see any camera.....

Please is anyone able to help me.

Di
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You have to use the Image Capture program to import your pictures. Try loading that and see if it works.

As for removing Aperture, just drag it to the trash and it'll be "uninstalled."

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Di-in-nz

Image capture program? Do yo mean the software that came with camera?

Di
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

The image capture application is in the application folder. As for seeing your camera, you will need to change a setting on the camera to see it as a removal disk on the disk top.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Di-in-nz

thanks guys
QUOTE Thanks
MacBurg

MacBurg has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G

Your 400D won't show up as a drive on mac like on a PC, make sure on the camera menu you have set "Communication" to "PC Connect". The camera should have come with Image Capture, a great little import program that is simple to use and gets the job done without any stuffing around.

If you have a larger workflow and shoot lots of images, you may want to check out Image Ingester Pro which is an advanced import/backup program for the Mac. Importing using IIP is great, I use it to import and create 3 different backups of the RAW files I shoot, after the import is finished IIP automatically ejects the card, and opens iView Media Pro, from here I view the images, add any keywording, then choose the images I want to process and take them into Camera RAW.

If you want your CF cards to show up on the desktop as drives, I suggest buying a card reader, cheaper ones can be had for 20 bucks, and it is good habit to take the card out of the camera to import as you aren't using the cameras battery to import files and possibly risk leaving it on.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transparent Image to Image and Mask? Photoshop? Another Converter-Application? | Professional printing from design »