New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

GIMP Not Running on my Intel Based mac.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TW FLaShBaNg

TW FLaShBaNg is on a distinguished road

When I try to run GIMP, it says I don't have X11 which is on the optional installs disc. Since I don't know where it is, I looked for it online. I downloaded it off of the mac site, but it said I couldn't run it because my computer was too advanced for that version. Is there an Intel based X11, or am I screwed?
Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I'd use the one from your installation disk. It doesn't take too long to install, and that way you know you have the right version of X11.
QUOTE Thanks
TW FLaShBaNg

I don't know where it is though.
Can you give me a link to a site which I can DL it from?
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

THIS should be able to get you on your way.
QUOTE Thanks
TW FLaShBaNg

Umm, do I have to do everything there?
:X
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW FLaShBaNg View Post
I don't know where it is though.
Can you give me a link to a site which I can DL it from?
You don't need to download X11 from anywhere, it's on your restore disk, like punkr0x0r said. All you have to do is insert the disk in your optical drive and look for it, it's there.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

When the DVD mounts, open it and look for Optional Installs. Click on Optional Installs and when it launches, expand the options till you find X11 and just check X11 and nothing else then continue.
QUOTE Thanks
TW FLaShBaNg

I don't know how much more I can emphasize this- I don't know where the disc is.
QUOTE Thanks
TW FLaShBaNg

I just found Install Discs 1 and 2. There's no X!1 on it though.
Are those the right ones?
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

If it says OSX 10.4 or similar then yes, they are, and X11 is on them.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW FLaShBaNg View Post
I just found Install Discs 1 and 2. There's no X!1 on it though.
Are those the right ones?
DVD #1. It's under OPTIONAL INSTALLS. Do not look for X11. Look for Optional Installs. Run that and look in the list for X11. It's there on every 10.4 Tiger DVD I have ever used.
QUOTE Thanks
TW FLaShBaNg

I can't seem to find it.
Here's some pictures of where I am. Is this the right place? If so, I can't find it.
Can you?

QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

No... you're not in the correct spot... Read what dtravis7 posted....

You are in "Install Bundled Software"... you need to be in "OPTIONAL INSTALLS"... in the finder window.. scroll down.
QUOTE Thanks
TW FLaShBaNg

Oooh, Thanks alot guys! Now I understand!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switching External Hard drives & Graphic links | August Avatar »