New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

iLife 06 slide show to TV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hoosier

Hoosier is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Intel OS10.4.10 IG RAM

I have promised to create a slide show with 65 photos by 8-4-07 for a memorial service to a friend. I have iLife 06, PhotoToMovie 4.0, ImageWell 3.2 and an iMac with internal DVD burner. Making a slide show w/iTunes & KenBurns Effect in iPhoto 6 was easy and it played very well on my computer. But when I burned it in iDVD and played it on my 32" widescreen HDTV the images were very poor. I have to create a high quality DVD slide show by next weekend which will be displayed on a 50" HD Panel TV and now I'm getting nervous. So I bought PhotoToMovie 4.0 because it promised to create high quality images on DVD, but it's more technical than I realized.

Is there an easy way to create a high resolution slide show in iMovie or iDVD using iPhoto? My photos are big, about 4 to 6 MB each. Is there anyone familiar with PhotoToMovie 4.0? See: <http://www.lqgraphics.com/phototomovie.php>
QUOTE Thanks
bd-in-pdx

bd-in-pdx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.33 MBP, 3gb ram, not enough disk space, iPod Classic, iPhone, techno-addiction

I did a slideshow using Keynote for a memorial service. Since you can set Keynote to autorun it's basically a slideshow similar to iLife but with a common templated background. I was also able to create short slideshows in iPhoto and import them into Keynote as a QT slideshow with Ken Burns effects and theme music. The only difference between your presentation and mine is that I used an overhead projector plugged into a laptop for the presentation, although a hi-def television is basically the same thing.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ordering prints iphoto modified folder problem | Creative Suite deal with a Mac »