New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

iphoto displaying date?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chronic

chronic is an unknown at this point

For some reason on my iphoto it keep displaying a date that fades onto the screen (september 2004) when this has nothing to do with anything, is there a way to switch this off. Ive searched the help and nothing....all you can edit is the comments and title etc...i need to know how to switch this function off....
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

This happens when you drag the scroll bar down . The info displayed varies according to the sorting method you are using .

If you use Keywords you'll see your keywords displayed as you scroll or ratings you are using Date

You can turn it off by going to the View menu and choosing Sort by and manual
QUOTE Thanks
chronic

chronic is an unknown at this point

thankyou scottish norweigen?
QUOTE Thanks
Gamalen

Gamalen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook white 13' Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 1.5 G Ram, 160 GB Hard Drive

Remember, that the pictures loaded onto iphoto will sort the date according to when the picture was taken. If the camera setting date is off, then the timeline it appers on iphoto is off. Eg. If I my camera data is set to 2006-07-01 and when i take the picture it is actually 2007-07-01, then it will display in 2006 iphoto timeline. Remember to check the date setting on your camera.
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

You can, however, modify that date if you need to by changing it in the info pane or by using Batch Change for multiple photos.

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

I knew this already and have tried 3 times now to do this - however the 'original' often incorrect date seems to remain - To clarify I've tried selecting the contents of each roll and setting the right date using the batch change option - this does not seem to take affect - any ideas why?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Picture help? Please... | Half of my photoshop CS2 filters are grayed out. »