New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photo touch-up software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lilbird1981

lilbird1981 is on a distinguished road

Hi!

I was wondering whether there is software available that allows me to touch up photos, similar to what I can do in Photoshop.
Is there free software available that lets me touch up my piccies?

Ta,
Lilbird.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Depends what level of "touching up" you want to do. iPhoto has some basic photo enhancement features, maybe GIMP is for you.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
lilbird1981

lilbird1981 is on a distinguished road

really? you can touch up photos with gimp... i didnt know that.
well, basically, i have never touched up a photo before... but i want to touch up a few photos to give as a present for my mum.
I want to improve skintone and impurities of the skin, and stuff like that.
can you do that with iPhoto? ...i take it that iPhoto will be included with my macbook (which I will get on 16th July - yay).
Tks,
Lilbird.
QUOTE Thanks
CackalackyMac

CackalackyMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17' iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 1g ram | iPod Photo 60gb | 2G Shuffle

What else is gimp for ?

You can't really touch up blemishes and the such with iphoto, and you'll have a lot more control in gimp, however, gimp is not an easy program- in fact it's kind of notoriously not easy. There are plenty of good tutorials, however, and most photoshop tricks can be done in 'da gimp.

spice.
QUOTE Thanks
Remix_Eyeballs

Remix_Eyeballs is an unknown at this point

The gimp doesn't run well on Mac OS X 10.4.9.
At least on my macbook.

Macbook
2.0GHz
2.0GBz RAM
80GB HD
QUOTE Thanks
djames42

djames42 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP

Gimp runs just fine on my MBP. It does sometimes take a few minutes to launch, but then it runs great.

Don't forget to install X11 from your System Installer disc prior to installing GIMP.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ever use keyboard shortcuts at the wrong time? | Adobe Photoshop CS3 Academic Edition Question »