New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

iBook g4 & fuji finepix camera- Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jwright

jwright is on a distinguished road

Hi, i have an ibook g4 and recently bought a fuji fine pix camera. I'm having trouble getting videos I've taken off the camera onto my laptop.

Pictures are no problem (iphoto loads automatically.) But this camera, for some reason, is not displaying on my desktop (to open and drag and drop my movies.) Nor is it found as a drive/ folder, etc, when i search for it.

I have it connected directly to my USB outlets (and i've tried all of them). I've searched for it in the system profiler, and the camera 'shows', but there's no functionality within that to access the camera's files. I've researched on the web. Nothing.

So I'm hitting a brick wall. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm sure the problem is between the keyboard and the chair. LOL. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

when you plug in the camera, iPhoto should start and the camera should show up as an icon on the desktop. you should be able to navigate the camera in the finder window to find the videos. once you have found the videos, drag and drop them to the desktop or a folder. hope this helps

r,

Dylan

QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

What OS are you on?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Some cameras have a setting in the configuration menu that sets the USB to either Disk Drive or Camera. Check to see if you have that option. A few cameras I have owned had that and setting it to Disk Drive will make it show up on the desktop. Never worked with the Fuji FinePix. Worth a look anyway.

Also what model Fuji?

Is there any software with the camera? The Fuji's I just checked came with OSX compatible Fine Pic software. Maybe you can get to the pics in that.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adobe, publishing, and student editions | Photoshop CS3 Install Error »