New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

IPhoto and wide Angle pictures

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SnowmanSimon

SnowmanSimon is on a distinguished road

So I finally got my MacBook after playing with an old PowerBook for a few months. So now I'm bringing all my pictures over from my PC and I ran into a problem importing wide angle pictures into IPhoto. Anyone know what the deal is with that? How can I import them. Also is there a way I can arrange the pictures in my own folders then import them. Id like to keep them arranged a certain way and IPhoto wont let me. So when I import them I end up with 2 copies on the HD.
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

Not sure what the problem is with wide angle photos.
As for iPhoto making it's own copy, it's so that whatever changes you make within iPhoto to your pics you can always revert to the original photo, instantly. The choice is to either have them arranged as you did on your PC, through various folders OR have them arranged via iPhoto. Other wise you can do both but will have two copies. It's a matter of wether you want to use iPhoto or not (And if you're gonna use it there's no need to have them arranged in folders aswell).

What issues are you having with wide angle photos and do you mean panoramics?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Some pics wit my new lens | ? about iPhoto and sharing photos via email »