New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

? about iPhoto and sharing photos via email

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Annie524

Annie524 is on a distinguished road

I'm new to iPhoto (version 6.0.5) and I just downloaded my first batch of photos. Silly question but is the only way to see the jpg number by clicking on the photo and getting info on it? Seems like sort of a pain.

Next question, how do you all like to share your photos with friends.
I used to attach the photos to my emails but I'm thinking of going the
snapfish or shutterfly way now. I know iPhoto has the emailing option but I'm using Yahoo email so I don't think it works with that.
Thanks for the advice.
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

If you don't want to email from within iPhoto, choose the photos you want to send, and use the "export" functon to export them to your desktop. Then attach to an email from there. For sharing without emailing, how about iWeb? Built right in!

Why do you care what the .jpeg number is? Using iPhoto, the name that gets emailed will be the one you give it from within the app. You don't need the .jpeg number.

Whatever you do, now and in the future, if you are going to use iPhoto, stay out of the iPhoto Library in the finder. Do anything and everything that you want to do to your photos from within the app itself. You will cause damage to your library if you mess with the finder.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IPhoto and wide Angle pictures | Wrong Thumbnail »