New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Graphics Suggestion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mogwi

mogwi is on a distinguished road

I'm interested in making logo's etc with pictures and letters and tarting them up, can any one suggest software for achieving this.

Thanks in advance for you response

Mogwi
MACPRO - Quad Core dual 3.GHZ Processor - 8GB RAM - 1TB HD
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

A thread on the same subject was already posted: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66829.
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

In addition to getting the software, I suggest taking a course or two in design. To be perfectly honest, it's not much good having the software, if you don't have the know-how to match it. It'd be like spending the cash for a Ferrari, before getting your license. Know what I mean?

I'd also suggest getting into some design magazines. Desktop and Monster Children are two great Aussie mags - may be available where you live. Computer Arts is another good one. I used to also get Design Graphics - which had good tips, and fantastic portfolio issues every now and then, which was always inspirational for me, as it showed top professional work in a huge variety of media. Don't know how they rank now, but worth checking out anyway.

So instead of jumping into the software, be aware of what's out there and how it's done. Build up a small library of reference material, as it will reflect in your work.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Needing sugguestions. | iPhoto how to keep organized through import »