New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Transfering Operating Systems?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

viibrato

viibrato is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHZ White MacBook w/ 1 GB of RAM

My brother bought me Adobe CS3 Web Premium (PC version) for Christmas before I announced that I was going to buy a MacBook for my birthday. Is it possible to have Adobe convert my copy from a PC version to a Mac version? If not, I guess I'll just have to turn on my PC whenever I need to do some designing .
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

no they wont do that....did you open it yet? if not return it

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z View Post
no they wont do that....did you open it yet? if not return it
Agreed. If it's opened I doubt Adobe would exchange it, but if it's still sealed, take it back.

If you are stuck with it, you can always install a small install of XP using Bootcamp on that Macbook and run CS3 there.
QUOTE Thanks
viibrato

viibrato is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHZ White MacBook w/ 1 GB of RAM

Ack. I knew I shouldn't have opened it. Thanks for the help.
QUOTE Thanks
-Oy-

-Oy- is on a distinguished road

I hate this - I really do hate this!

I have a whole load of legally bought Adobe software - a LOT of money's worth. They expect me to buy it all again just because I've changed from PC to Mac? Why can't I just pay a small fee for a Mac version CD and transfer the licence? I can transfer activation from one PC to another - so why not a PC to a Mac?

It's no wonder piracy is so rife
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

A few months ago, someone posted in M-F that he thought Adobe has a cross-grade pricing policy (from PC to Mac - you sent them your PC disks and they sent you back the Mac versions for a fee). Now I can't find the post anymore.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

Regarding Adobe, I found this on a blog.
Quote:
. . . .If you find that you want to switch an Adobe product license from Mac to Windows or vice versa, please contact Adobe Customer Service. They'll walk you through the process.
I couldn't find anything explicity stating there's a discount, but this suggests there is.
QUOTE Thanks
Sherman Homan

Sherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the rough

Despite all of the other annoyances of Quark, version 7.2 is a cross-platform, Universal installer. I do know that Adobe offers a cross-platform transfer, but I don't know how much it is worth.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

TrimTheFat is a freebie that pulls the unneeded PowerPC or Mac Intel code from apps. It can save tons of space.

I've seen a couple of warnings about using it, though no specific apps were mentioned. Some may not work after using it. I assume that Quark uses an installer, so if TrimTheFat is safe to use with Quark and you want to get rid of all the extra code besides that in the app folder itself, you'd have to chase down all the files it spreads around the machine.

If you use TrimTheFat, set the preferences so it deletes the extra code, not save it. Otherwise, you end up with two versions of the same app, one being completely useless.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Study View Post
Regarding Adobe, I found this on a blog.I couldn't find anything explicity stating there's a discount, but this suggests there is.
w00t!!! Terrific find, Browny!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Making PDFs in Quark | New MacBook - trying to install a font in Font Book »