New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photoshop CS: Cutting out a head and putting it on a different body

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tanner31593

Tanner31593 has a spectacular aura about

Hello Everyone,

Im using adobe photoshop CS for mac and im trying to cut out a head and paste it on another body, and i can use the lasso thing and cut out the heads fine, but when i go to paste the head onto the other body, the head is huge because of a size difference obviously, and im not sure how i resize the head so it will fit on the body.

Sorry if that wasnt very descriptive, but im new to photoshop.

Thanks,

Tanner.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

can't think of the terms off the top of my head, i've only got photoshop elements on my macbook, but you should be able to select only the layer with the head and use the transform tools to rotate, skew and scale the head to suit the body. you may be better off to also move the head layer below the body layer and erase the bits from the top layer to show only what you need to.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

Once you've got the head selected/copied/pasted, it should be on a new layer. Zoom out a little bit so you can see the whole head, if you can't already. Make sure you've selected the head layer, then hit apple-T (for transform) and click and drag on the corner boxes while holding shift to resize it keeping the proportions the same. You can also move it while transforming. Hit enter when you've got the right size.
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Tanner31593 has a spectacular aura about

YES! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

I once used scissors to cut out a guy's eyes (it was a head shot! Not real eyes!) and pasted them on another head shot because he had blinked when the flash went off. And I had run out of film, so I couldn't take another pic as insurance against it. (Shhh! Don't tell anyone!)

I wish I had Photoshop when I changed an official's head to a bowling ball.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I am in deep dirt!!! | photoshop cs, will it work? »