New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photoshop won't open from Icons...?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bretwalda007

bretwalda007 is on a distinguished road

I have Photoshop CS installed on my Imac G5. I've recently upgraded to OS X 10.4.9. and since then I can't open Photoshop documents by clicking on their icons on the desktop. Instead I have to (laboriously) scroll down through the File>Open> menu. Any ideas how I can fix this?
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

Do a Get Info (click once on a document, then press Command-key I). Go to the bottom, where it says Open With, and change it to Photoshop. Then click the Change All... button.
QUOTE Thanks
Sherman Homan

Sherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the rough

What happens when you double click a Photoshop document? Does it open Photoshop but not display the file? Or does it do something else?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-forums, bretwalda007.

If what Browny or Sherman suggest doesn't work and if you haven't let the Mac run the built-in maintenance tasks (or manually run them via software) for a while, it could be the LaunchServices that is a bit wonky. Check this post out and try that. Then report back to let us know how it goes.

I hope this works for you.
QUOTE Thanks
bretwalda007

bretwalda007 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the replies, I've tried all the above suggestions and still no joy.

Sherman Homan you are right: when I double click an icon the photoshop application opens but no document window.

Most annoying. Any more ideas gratefully received.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't seem to find the right image | Program for Multipage posters »