New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

WACOM, WAxOFF!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

I've been looking around and I'm sooooo tempted just to go out and buy a Wacom 4x5 tablet for $80, until I can afford to purchase the big boy, then Intuos3 12x12

Unfortunately, I think it would suck using such a small space.

Any one else use tablets? I've reeeeally started using Illustrator lately and I think if would be a great advantage there, as well as in photo shop....

Man, I just need to when the lottery, now my list includes

30" monitor
WACOM tablet
Expensive Canon lens
Expensive Canon flash...

Oh well...I'll get there one day.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White 2.0GHz Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD

I just bought a Wacom Graphire4 two days ago and I love it! I really didn't have the cash to go any bigger but after a few hours of messing around with it I find 4x5 very sufficient when working with less-to-semi-detailed artwork.

I think it really depends on what your using it for and what your preferences are because I would never ever need a 12x12 tablet, nor do i have the desk space for it
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaPancakes View Post
I just bought a Wacom Graphire4 two days ago and I love it! I really didn't have the cash to go any bigger but after a few hours of messing around with it I find 4x5 very sufficient when working with less-to-semi-detailed artwork.

I think it really depends on what your using it for and what your preferences are because I would never ever need a 12x12 tablet, nor do i have the desk space for it
Speaking of which, I'm going to need a new desk too

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

I've had my 4x5 wacom for around5 years now, and it still serves me well. I use it almost all day at work for all kinds of photoshop, illustrator and indesign work. Sure, I think having a larger one would be fantastic, but I've been able to produce some pretty detailed work with it - digital paintings, massive (and I mean massive - 12000 pixels wide) panorama photos, vector illustrations, and my wacom has worked fine for all of them. I can easily select any anchor points I need in illustrator, so the small size isn't a drawback at all for that. In fact, I haven't really regretted the size of the tablet in any way. Mind you, I haven't used any larger dimensions yet...

I think one or two sizes larger would be ideal for me, but for fast design work, my 4x5 is all I need. It just comes down to your needs and the kind of work you produce, and of course, your budget.

QUOTE Thanks
Odin_aa

Odin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM

I have used both and there are more than just size differences, the intuos is much more sensitive than the graphire.

The intuos I have was purchased refurbished saving me about 150.00

http://www.lightcafe.net

New servers, much faster than before
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin_aa View Post
I have used both and there are more than just size differences, the intuos is much more sensitive than the graphire.

The intuos I have was purchased refurbished saving me about 150.00
Where do you get refurbs at?

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Odin_aa

Odin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM

I picked mine up at www.academicsuperstore.com, would not have known it was a refurb except for the price difference.

They seem to get them in in groups and offer them for a short period till they are out. You can get on an email listing which is the easiest way to find out when they are available.

http://www.lightcafe.net

New servers, much faster than before
QUOTE Thanks
boarderjosh10

boarderjosh10 is on a distinguished road

I have just the tablet and pen I would sell you for $40
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Arrgggg - MacBook's colours SOOO off | Slide show Problems »