New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

What Digital Camera to get?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rollershoer4MAC

rollershoer4MAC is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G3|800Mhz|256MB Ram|ComboDrive|30GB HD|

Hey everybody at M-F! Well In 3 weeks im going to vacation to boston, and im driving so ill be going through a lot of beautiful places. On the way back im going through canada and Im going to Niagra Falls. So Im thinking about getting a digital camera to take with me. So I have about a $150-$200 budget just for a simple point and shoot camera. So does anyone have any suggestions on what camera to get? Anyones that you use and are happy with that you would recommend?

Thanks,
Casey

iBook G3, 800 MHz, Combo Drive, 256MB Ram, 30GB, Airport Card...For Sale! Here.
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Try checking this and you might find what you're looking for.

Good luck!

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Check out the Canon IXUS series, they're the best.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I would also recommend getting a Canon camera. They are simply top notch pieces of equipment

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
rollershoer4MAC

Im leaning toward a Kodak right now. Im just not seeing why Canon are so superior to all the rest.

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Pretty much all the Canon SD series cameras are great. They are consistently ranked very high among compact P&S cameras while other brands are hit and miss. Check out some review sites and you'll see that they are highly regarded as the best among companies.
QUOTE Thanks
rollershoer4MAC

I also heard Fujis are really good. Correct?

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I'd look into a camera with a wide angle lens if you'll be shooting a lot of panorama photos.

Panasonic has a few affordable models that have a 28mm equivalent lens and I think one of canon's p&s models does as well.

You'll be able to capture more of the view...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Scanning old pictures and taking old VHS movies and putting them on the computer | clipping paths from illustrator »