New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photoshop CS3 question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Spoogabu@gmail.

Spoogabu@gmail. is on a distinguished road

Hey,

Sorry for (possibly) asking a stupid question.
I live in the UK and am looking to buy the new version of Adobe Photoshop CS3, however it costs almost 600 here in the UK. But next month I am off to a holiday in the U.S, where I can buy the same software for half the price, the question is... would I be able to use the U.S version of the software on the Mac bought in the U.K??

Thanks for answers, and in case one can use the software this way... why aren't we all buying it from the U.S??

X-it

(p.s Sorry if this has been answered in another thread, just point me there if it has... thanks!)
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

It should work, I can not see why it wouldn't. Its the same software, I am not sure why they would charge double in the UK.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
laimonas.s

laimonas.s is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM, 160gb HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4 View Post
It should work, I can not see why it wouldn't. Its the same software, I am not sure why they would charge double in the UK.
thats just how it is! everything is double in UK...

but to answer to first question: yes, any software from any country will work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoogabu@gmail. View Post

Thanks for answers, and in case one can use the software this way... why aren't we all buying it from the U.S??
because professionals who are rich dont care how much it costs, and non-professionals just download pirated versions from internet instead.

Macbook Pro | Canon 400d | 70-200mm F4L | 50mm f1.8 | 18-55mm

My Gallery
QUOTE Thanks
johntalin

johntalin is a jewel in the roughjohntalin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM

You may want to look into declaration at the customs issue ahead of time.

"Do all the good you can... In all the ways you can... In all the places you can... At all the times you can... To all the people you can... As long as you ever can..." ~ Rules of Conduct
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntalin View Post
You may want to look into declaration at the customs issue ahead of time.
Yes, if you are a fair a just person who (given the fact that large amounts of undeclared purchases pass through customs daily because controls are very loose and customs officials don't seem particularly interested in enforcing the system) wants to declare your items, look into the regulations.
QUOTE Thanks
johntalin

johntalin is a jewel in the roughjohntalin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM

You may get caught, anyway.

"Do all the good you can... In all the ways you can... In all the places you can... At all the times you can... To all the people you can... As long as you ever can..." ~ Rules of Conduct
QUOTE Thanks
laimonas.s

laimonas.s is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM, 160gb HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntalin View Post
You may get caught, anyway.
i doubt it. customs are not too bothered about this stuff, especially if its out of the packaging. i bought a monitor from another country and carried it by hand in original packaging. never got asked a question! so i really doubt they will question you on a software box.

Macbook Pro | Canon 400d | 70-200mm F4L | 50mm f1.8 | 18-55mm

My Gallery
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Quote:
because professionals who are rich dont care how much it costs, and non-professionals just download pirated versions from internet instead.
What about the 95% of professionals who aren't rich? ;-)
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

As I mentioned elsewhere, the U.K.'s higher prices (said to be on everything) are somewhat overstated.

The VAT — value added tax, or sales tax — is included as a hidden cost in all prices. It's easier to do this in the U.K. than in North America because in the U.K. the tax is uniform. Here, the tax rates are all over the map, so they aren't included in the prices.

Some jurisdictions here won't allow such taxes to be hidden, so if — more like when — they increase, everyone knows it.

A more accurate price comparison could be made after the VAT rate is subtracted from the total.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« clipping paths from illustrator | Need a banner »