New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photoshop action question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Small giraffe

Small giraffe is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I've made an action to make my photo's smaller to upload to our photo website. How do I make it so it opens every photo - its programmed to open but it keeps opening the same one - IFYWIM.
QUOTE Thanks
Odin_aa

Odin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM

I never use "Open" in the action, delete that command and simply point photoshop to the folder that contains the images you wish to apply the action too. It sounds as though when creating the action you started recording before you opened that file, so photoshop would look for that file each time as it is recorded in your action.

How are you starting the batch process, which photoshop command?

http://www.lightcafe.net

New servers, much faster than before
QUOTE Thanks
munna

munna is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: er.. 24" iMac

The action is specified to open one file. You could double click the image location and from there open up the all disired files. I'm un

Just figured out how to open a folder instead of a single file

After creating the action go to

File > Automate > Batch...

These settings, but you don't have to check subfolders. Although you may want to check windows.

Thank you for asking this query, because I've only used the actions once before and well helping you has helped me
QUOTE Thanks
MacBurg

MacBurg has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G

First create an action with an image open and record the necessary steps you want to resize the image, be sure to include closing the image after you have done all you want in the action, then stop the recording of the action.

Now go into the file menu and look under "Scripts" and select "Image Processor". Once here you select the folder containing the images you want to resize, specify where the new saved versions will go, then near the bottom you can select an action to run, so select the resize action you created. After you are happy everything is set right, click "Run".

You can also use "Batch..." under the Automate menu, which is basically the same thing, just setup your source and destination folders, then select your action, and run it.

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
MacBurg

MacBurg has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G

I typed as fast as I could.
QUOTE Thanks
Odin_aa

Odin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBurg View Post
I typed as fast as I could.

Hey, we all three replied with the same answer said three different ways...its all good. :yinyang:

http://www.lightcafe.net

New servers, much faster than before
QUOTE Thanks
munna

munna is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: er.. 24" iMac

Got to love Photoshop for being able to skin a cat in many ways.
QUOTE Thanks
Small giraffe

Small giraffe is on a distinguished road

Cool - thanks guys, will check out all your suggestions!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Copying Splices | Control Print screen »