Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    New Image Editor for Macs: ChocoFlop
    Everyone interested in image editing might want to check out the early alphas of ChocoFlop:

http://www.chocoflop.com/

This is a very promising new Photoshop-lite sort of image editor. It already looks excellent and is very usable. The author's dedication to a fast loading, high performing product is laudable. I tried it out and immediately sent him an email thanking him for the effort to date and encouraging him to keep on.

A similar effort, Seashore, from a completely different author, seems to have died on the vine. I hope that ChocoFlop carries on and matures into the excellent product it has the potential to be!
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

ChocoFlop? ChocoFlop?
    www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
    Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro

Specs:
    Yeah, weird name, isn't it? The author appears to be from France - perhaps "chocoflop" means something or suggests something to people in France that isn't obvious to those of us living an another culture. I have emailed the author once already - perhaps I should ask!

EDIT: I have emailed the author and asked where the name comes from. I will post the response when I get it.
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3

Specs:
    OK folks here it is! Why name it ChocoFlop? First of all, the author says he likes the name because basically, nothing else is using it. If you Google "ChocoFlop", you pretty much end up pointed at his web site, or sites that are referring to his product. So, it is unique.

Still, there is some logic in the name apparently. "Choco" because it is Cocoa based - a bit of a stretch, but hey, it sort of makes sense. "Flop" because of the gigaflops of throughput you will get out of your video card while using it, thanks to the fact that it uses Mac OS X Core Image technology. This is more of a stretch, but I am OK with it.

All of the above comes from the author's ChocoFlop FAQ. However, he sums it up this way in the email I got back from my query this AM:

"to sum it up, I basically liked the fact that it sounded so ridiculous :-) "

There you go! Now you know! The smiley is the author's - I didn't add it myself.

Specs:
    macbook
    it's looking very smooth. Interesting to note, that the app icon is a modified trash icon. It's been widened, with the crack added. This'll be a good app to track, as I too hope it reaches it's potential. Thanks for the link!

Specs:
    imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    hey thanks i like it
    :yinyang: Evolution win 3.1 / 95 -98-2000-xp now Tiger bye bill

Specs:
    PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
    Not sure that I will use it, but its nice to add to the list of "photoshop" alternatives for those who look to save money...

Thanks.
    http://www.lightcafe.net

New servers, much faster than before

Thread Information