New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

No preview of RAW files in Adobe Bridge

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jackcu

Jackcu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20-inch 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac

This one is driving me round the bend.

I switched to iMac a couple of weeks ago and one of my main uses for the new machine is digital photography. I use Adobe Creative Suite CS2 and specifically Bridge to look at previews and Photoshop to do the editing.

When looking at Canon RAW files (.CR2) I can see the previews fine in Preview. I can open them in Photoshop after installing the RAW plugin. However, when looking at them in Bridge I just see an icon with "exec" in it. This is what I see when looking at Windows files on the Mac.

Bridge is set-up so that .CR2 files are associated with Photoshop and when I click on the file it fires up the RAW window in Photoshop. But why can't I see a preview in Bridge? It works fine on the PC. I really don't want to have to run Photoshop for Windows within Parallels as it defeats the purpose of getting the Mac.

I've searched the web and see that loads of people have this problem (on PCs as well as Macs).

Anyone have the answer?

Thanks,

Jack.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackcu View Post
This one is driving me round the bend.

I switched to iMac a couple of weeks ago and one of my main uses for the new machine is digital photography. I use Adobe Creative Suite CS2 and specifically Bridge to look at previews and Photoshop to do the editing.

When looking at Canon RAW files (.CR2) I can see the previews fine in Preview. I can open them in Photoshop after installing the RAW plugin. However, when looking at them in Bridge I just see an icon with "exec" in it. This is what I see when looking at Windows files on the Mac.

Bridge is set-up so that .CR2 files are associated with Photoshop and when I click on the file it fires up the RAW window in Photoshop. But why can't I see a preview in Bridge? It works fine on the PC. I really don't want to have to run Photoshop for Windows within Parallels as it defeats the purpose of getting the Mac.

I've searched the web and see that loads of people have this problem (on PCs as well as Macs).

Anyone have the answer?

Thanks,

Jack.
I found this article but am unsure if it is related directly to your issue:

http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2...raw_files.html
QUOTE Thanks
Jackcu

Thanks

I did read some other articles on that site but not this one. I'm sure it has something to do with where the RAW plug-in is located, so this one looks hopeful. I'll try it when I get home and let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Jack.
QUOTE Thanks
Jackcu

Thank you so much!!!

The RAW plug-in that I had in that folder was the original one which did not include the 350D. I replaced it with the new one I had already downloaded and put in a couple of other places............and...............it still didn't work. But I took the advice on the link and restarted the machine.............and..........it still didn't work.

But then I purged the cache and now I can preview my pictures in Bridge.

Now I can get to work - just back from my holiday with over 1,000 pictures in RAW - there must be a couple worth printing LOL.

Thank you - I'll track down some of the other sites where people had the same problem and spread the word.

Cheers,

Jack.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Smaller previews in Safari | 30-day Aperture Trial »