New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Cleaning Inside Sony DSC-P200?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Anyone ever taken a DSC-P200 apart to remove possible dust?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Do you mean dust on the lens?

I found this site which may help you.

http://cleaningdigitalcameras.com/
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse-8
Do you mean dust on the lens?
I figure the lens may have a slight smudge inside. I'm going to try shining a couple of different color lights into it to see if I can visually identify it.

That cleaning site is a keeper, for when I get an SLR digital camera. Mine isn't right now.

Are you in Tazmania? If so, perhaps you'd like these pics.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep
I figure the lens may have a slight smudge inside. I'm going to try shining a couple of different color lights into it to see if I can visually identify it.

That cleaning site is a keeper, for when I get an SLR digital camera. Mine isn't right now.

Are you in Tazmania? If so, perhaps you'd like these pics.
Got it in one! Cool pics xstep...at least you had some good weather when you were here!
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

Over a year later I found an answer at dpreview.com. I guess I plugged in the right search words into Google this time. Anyway, my camera is taking clean pictures again, after some difficulty.

Tip: Disconnect the speaker cable.
QUOTE Thanks
Rowe2ry

Rowe2ry is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD

Point and shoot cameras have sealed lenses that aren't supposed to be taken apart. if yours is faulty and has a gap where dust can enter, get it replaced by the company. taking it apart yourself would only remove more dustproofing and dust would build up again really quickly.

I drive a Mazda Rx-7, shoot a Canon 20D, and soon.......... I will use a Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
Rowe2ry

Rowe2ry is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD

oh sorry, didn't read your last reply. Congrats and good luck, I hope what I described doesn't happen to you.

I drive a Mazda Rx-7, shoot a Canon 20D, and soon.......... I will use a Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

Rowe2ry, apparently some Sony models, have poorly seal lenses, as I found out after reading the dpreview how-to that I referenced. My camera model is one of them. What actually happens in many cases is dust gets onto the glass that covers the CCD. After I cleaned that, all was fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Linking webpage with an image in an email. | Create an Animated Gif in CS3. »