New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

How to get photos on Mac - wirelessly?..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

farmcock

farmcock has a little shameless behaviour in the past

A co worker of mine, our Company photographer just got a Macbook Pro ( Company paid). He wants to be able to take photos and have them load to the Mac immediately. He says he saw this demonstrated at a meeting he attended.

Does anyone know of any software that lets you do this? Would a bluetooth camara be necessary? I think he uses a Nikon T200? or maybe D200?

Thanks for any info.
QUOTE Thanks
vodkagirl001

vodkagirl001 is on a distinguished road

Obviously if you want to do the tfr via bluetooth then a bluetooth camera would be needed.

The method I use is a 1 gig USB S/D car from San Disk. Its a normal size SD card that fits in the camera, remove it from the camera and snap it in half to reveal a connection which plugs directly in to your usb, as im currently on Windows XP, then all I do is Explore, hit the SD card path and my pics appear, I then drag and drop them to my files. It take a matter of minues and I love it!

Hers a pic

And a small review
QUOTE Thanks
studio34

studio34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06

I have a Nikon Coolpix camera and it is WiFi enabled. The way it works on my Nikon, is you load the management software for the camera on your Mac (worked on my HP as well), configure the camera for your network (or set up a peer to peer connection), and set your transfer mode. I usually take the pictures and save them to the SD card, then upload them wirelessly rather than pull out the SD adapter or plug in the USB cable.

OT: An SD card reader would have been a great addition to the iMac. I have a 9 in 1 (or 13 in 1) reader for my HP and it is really convenient to pull my SD card out of my camera or mini SD out of my phone to work with photos and such.

EDIT: There is also a limitation with the WiFi on the camera in that it does not use WPA or WPA2, only WEP.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Fading Lava - my wallpaper creation | What do you guys think of this person's work? »