New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

How Do I resize Images

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jesusholdon

jesusholdon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 GHz Intel Core Duo MacBookPro 1GB DDR2 SDRAM

does iPhoto or Preview let me resize images or do i need to download a different program?
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

You can export images from iPhoto in a different size, but you might be better off with a dedicated little app to safe messing about. ImageWell is very popular and is free, and it does a whole bunch of other cool stuff too (e.g. cutting out to shapes, adding frames or text, etc)
QUOTE Thanks
SpliCer261

SpliCer261 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone

I downloaded this program for free from the apple site called Image Tricks

Now i use it for everything, to resize, crop, change colours etc..Great program.

Never tried imagewell, will check it out.

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing - Solid Snake.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

Image resize will also allow you to resize images in a snap.

http://www.ghostknox.com/imgresize.html

QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

If you don't want to install another applicatoin and just want to do a quick resize you can open up the image in preview... zoom out until the picture is the size you want it to be. He cmd+shift+4 and then the cross hairs will come up.. use them to select the image... the image will show up on your desktop as the size it was when you zoomed it out... then you can do as you wish with the reduced sized image. (you can do this with iphoto too if its already in your iphoto library.. all it does is take a screen shot of the selcted area which happens to have your picture in it)

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I really can't recommend imagewell enough...

Not only does it let you quickly rotate, resize, annotate, watermark and add borders to files, it also has the ability to save images directly to multiple favorite locations, even to an FTP server or iDisk.

And it's free - friggin unbelievable! It's apps like these that are the reason to own a mac.
QUOTE Thanks
Silverfroth

Silverfroth is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mini Mac

Ok - this is a good post to find.

I've downloaded both ImageWell for quick work - and Image Tricks for all the other stuff - I like 'em both far better than Iphoto.
I'm wanting to ditch Iphoto altogether - however, what's the best way to relocate and manage all my pics outside of iphoto w/o ruining them? If I do so - once I get rid of all the extra copies that Iphoto creates will I still be able to access the copies I do want to keep.

Thank you

*edit* especially ImageTrick - it's an incredible program, glad you pointed it out.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Image Resize, Image Well and Image Trick are all great for manipulating images!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfroth
Ok - this is a good post to find.

I've downloaded both ImageWell for quick work - and Image Tricks for all the other stuff - I like 'em both far better than Iphoto.
I'm wanting to ditch Iphoto altogether - however, what's the best way to relocate and manage all my pics outside of iphoto w/o ruining them? If I do so - once I get rid of all the extra copies that Iphoto creates will I still be able to access the copies I do want to keep.

Thank you

*edit* especially ImageTrick - it's an incredible program, glad you pointed it out.
Well personally I prefer to just leave iPhoto to manage and organize my images, and when I need one to edit or upload - I just drag it to the desktop and iPhoto automatically creates a copy there.

But if you want to take your images as they are and manage them manually, just drag them all out, or select all and the select export as file.
QUOTE Thanks
Silverfroth

Silverfroth is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mini Mac

Thank you - I didnt know if taking them all out would mess them all up...much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Extract still images from DVD | Converting RGB to CMYK for free? »