New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

What is best option for damaged photos?..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

farmcock

farmcock has a little shameless behaviour in the past

What should I get to help me go way beyond iPhoto's touch uo tools? I have a portrait, for instance, that someone took a knife to. I can scan it and do limited touch up with iPhoto, but very limited. I know i must still wait on Adobe to get Photoshop for intel Mac but is there anything else that's as good or better?
Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chouk

chouk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3

hmm..you can still download the adobe trial version.
or use GIMP, the free "photoshop".

QUOTE Thanks
Bonzaisushi

Bonzaisushi is on a distinguished road

just install photoshop for cs2.... it runs fine on mine

:yinyang:
Mac Book Pro 17" 2 Gig Ram, 120 gig

Canon 1dMarkII // Canon 20D// Some Lenses
Bonzai Photography!Click me!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

or post the image on the forums.. i always love a good challenge.. (if its really as bad as you say it is)

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

If you can just get the photo reprinted or the original digital source. But of course if you can't, them I'm sure Photoshop is what most people would recommend. If money is an problem, then try the GIMP application which many people seem to like.

Perhaps Photoshop Elements will be good enough. Anybody know?
QUOTE Thanks
disciple

disciple will become famous soon enough

Just a note about the GIMP...there is a re-written version floating around the web called MacGIMP, which the programmers are selling at a fee....you don't need it, you can download an OS X version from apple.com....

(BTW I've used it on PC and it's very good but a bit buggy...just about to try the OS X version...)
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

There is no reason why the current Photoshop wouldn't run on an Intel Mac.
That is what Rosetta is for, despite a few people grumbling because its "slow" on Intels. It will run just fine, so if you have it load it on there. If you don't have it, then go for something like GIMP for free.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Fast Stone Image Viewer | Replacing Colours in Illustrator »