New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Those of you with SanDisk 8 in 1...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mstruvdisaster

I am a photographer that just recently purchased a macbook. I upload my images with the SanDisk 8 in 1 card reader. After saving to my HD, i hit apple key/delete and the images are supposedly gone from the cf card. When i stick the cf card back into my slr, it still reads as if the files are still on the card, yet the camera says the cf card is empty. How do i fix this? Where are those images and how the F do i get rid of them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I have an 8in1 San Disk but I usually zap the images in my Camera. Try Formatting the card in the Camera. That should take care of it. I will do some checking with my San Disk and see if there is another way without the camera.
QUOTE Thanks
Bonzaisushi

Bonzaisushi is on a distinguished road

ya you can always just delete them in the camera, with the delete all feature. but if you perfer to removed them from the computer, mabye try highlighting them then at the actions drop down thingie click delete? or drag them into the recycle bin.

:yinyang:
Mac Book Pro 17" 2 Gig Ram, 120 gig

Canon 1dMarkII // Canon 20D// Some Lenses
Bonzai Photography!Click me!
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

the reason your card is full but appears empty is because you trashed the files. files are always on your disk, and taking up space, until you empty your trash.

next time:
*transfer your files
*trash files
*empty trash
*eject card
*put nice and empty SD card into your camera

ENJOY!
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I think Coach Z got it. I tried my card in my San Disk and it worked great. Put it back in the camera and it was totally empty.
QUOTE Thanks
mstruvdisaster

Thanks so much guys for quick response, i tried what you told me to coach z, and now they all gone. GOD BLESS mac-forums!! lol :dummy:
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

glad to help! make sure to remember to use the user reputation system to give positive and negative feedback to users on the forum. just click on that lil check and x icon below someones username and give appropriate feedback, there is a sticky about the user rep system somewhere in the forums

and yes, god less mac-forums!!! lol
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can someone educate me? | Scanning/processing color negatives? »