New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

photoshop tutorials for beginners

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

amaciam

amaciam is on a distinguished road

Hi there!

Could someone please recommend a good photoshop tutorial or podcast?
Im thinking about taking a basic course here in town but in the meantime Id like to familiarize myself with it and take it from there.Id like to play around with photos(cloning , etc) and make banners, etc.

Thanks so much in advance! :-)
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

goog-tutorials

this site has over 10,000 tuts. from beginner to advanced

have fun man

i can also suggest just playing around with ps
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

i used teamphotoshop.com a few years ago, it was a great site back then.

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Get a good book! There are TONS of them out there. Personally, I would recommend "The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby. An enormously informative book. It is of course targeted at dealing with photographs, not at vector art and other things you can do with Photoshop. However, within this very large usage category, it is one of the best I have read. When you're ready, the next "must read" is "Photoshop CS Killer Tips" also by Kelby. There may be a revised "CS2" version of this book by now - I haven't looked.

These books are all beautifully done on high quality paper with lots of color screen shots to demonstrate what he is talking about. I can't recommend them enough.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
jacksonworld

jacksonworld is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4

man you need to watch Photoshop TV avaliable as a podcast weekly i think. go to http://www.photoshoptv.com

best thing love the photoshop guys!
QUOTE Thanks
chouk

chouk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3

www.pixel2life.com

QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouk
so the whole website is filled with tutorials of digital art and stuff for creative people
QUOTE Thanks
chouk

chouk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssaturday
so the whole website is filled with tutorials of digital art and stuff for creative people
you can browse the photoshop section if you only want photoshop tutorials. Well, that's usually my web reference when it comes to photoshopping.
just sharing it out.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Please Help !!!! | New user needs help with image file management »