Thread: Illustrator help needed, anyone?

Illustrator help needed, anyone?
    well, I'm trying to open up some files on illustrator CS but it's just not happening.

Basically, I need to know what to save my .jpg(large resolution) files as in order to get them to open up in illustrator. I tried saving them as .psd files but when i go to open them I get an error.. any help would be great!! thanks.

funkdoobi
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_love84
    well, I'm trying to open up some files on illustrator CS but it's just not happening.

Basically, I need to know what to save my .jpg(large resolution) files as in order to get them to open up in illustrator. I tried saving them as .psd files but when i go to open them I get an error.. any help would be great!! thanks.
    create a new document in illustrator, and go file>place your jpg

can't remember if photoshop will save it, but can also try saving your pics as eps files

funk, i've tried both of those things with no luck.. and usually when i try and open up a file that should work it just says "this program had to close unexpectily".. so I dont really know what's going on.

I've tried saving it as a photoshop EPS but it says that format isnt recognized.

You should be able to just drag and drop the .jpg to the artboard as well.
    Try repairing permissions and you can also do a reinstall from your CD's for Illustrator. That should definitely fix it.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Netglutton
    That's strange. It sounds like maybe you have a corrupt file or corrupt program. Illustrator recognizes jpegs. The easiest way to open a file such as a jpeg in Illustrator is to drag and drop the jpeg onto the Illustrator icon in your dock or on your desktop. I agree a reinstall may be in order. Also, make sure your jpeg is really a jpeg and not something like a tif with an incorrect extension.

Thread Information