New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Managing Fonts

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jim007

jim007 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Intel 20"

Hello all,

I have a few thousand fonts on my system. I would appreciate any help in managing all these fonts. What would be the best way to store them? What program do you use?

Cheers

Jim
QUOTE Thanks
doubleatomix

Jim, I use Apple's Font book. I've found that it's the best way to go if you're using OS X. I store the fonts in the documents folder of my admin home folder and allow others access from there.
QUOTE Thanks
funkdoobi

i use extensis suitcase. very easy to remove/add fonts and font sets and such..
QUOTE Thanks
Netglutton

Hey Jim...

I used Extensis for a number of years and to be honest with you, I was very unhappy with the features and stability of the program. A few months ago I switched over to Linotype. This is a free program available through DL sites such as macupdate.com. I use it professionally and I have never looked back. I love it. Even though it is not marketed for professional use, I control 1000's of fonts on my work Mac with it and it has yet to fail me once. Check it out if you get the chance.
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

I second the vote for Extensis Suitcase. Fontbook is a waste of time and energy for professionals.
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Do a search for Linotype FontExplorer.
QUOTE Thanks
Netglutton

http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Illustrator help needed, anyone? | Photo Software »