New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Recover Font data from PSD files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

indykid

indykid is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini G4 1.25ghz 1gb Ram

Hi all,

I'm working on a project for someone who has supplied me a load of PSD photoshop files containing their logo. Unfortunately, they've been handed down from generation to generation of managment and they've been flattened. I was just wondering if there was a way to somehow how read data from the file and find out what font was used to make them?
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

I don't think so, but there is a website that allows you to go through a questionnaire and identify fonts. I don't know it off the top of my head, but google:

+identify +font +question

I think that's what I searched for to find it.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
indykid

indykid is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini G4 1.25ghz 1gb Ram

Think this must be the font your talking about Surfwax: http://www.identifont.com/

On close inspection it appears that my font was Arial, but just distorted and stretched by various people over time! But thanks for the tip anyway, that site will no-doubt come in handy in future.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Homemade reflector thingy..... | How do i take this kinda of picture? »