Thread: A Mystery

A Mystery
    A few days ago we made a slide show of .jpg images in iDVD. Today I was looking for something in the Downloads file and found 14 copies of each picture in the slide show.

Is there an explanation for how 14 copies of each picture wound up in Downloads?

Ooops, sorry - its an iMac G5 with 10.6. Also we tried to copy the slide show to a DVD in the computer but that didn't work (see recent post about the DVD getting stuck). We got an external burner and that worked fine.

I am going to add this problem to the thread since it has occurred simulteneously with the previous issue about copies of pictures being duplicated in downloads.

I went through all the pictures and saved one of each sending all the rest to the trash. When I went to SECURE EMPTY TRASH I got this message

There are some locked items int he Trash. Do you want to remove all the items, including the locked ones, or just the unlocked ones.

cancel removed unlocked items remove all items

I had to type that because the computer would not let me copy and paste a screen shot of that window into this space. I seem to remember being able to copy / paste screen shots into this in the past but could be wrong?

When I looked in the trash there was a file call Recovered Items. In that file was a folder titled MacIntosh HD with the three bladed symbol and another file titled msoclip1. I guess these were the locked items because I removed them from Trash and no Secure Empty Trash is working.

I also noticed that the BackUp disc icon disappeared but came back when I restarted the computer.

What is Going on Here !!!

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11.1.
    Well it cannot be an iMac G5 as the last operating system for them was Leopard OS X.5.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Thread Information