New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Best way of learning Photoshop ? (Help)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ibrhmymn

ibrhmymn is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, I am really curios about Photoshop and eagerly want to learn this program with all details. Is there any way to do that by my self. Any online course or books that you suggest me. Step by step tutorials. I do not know where to start. Can you help me about that...
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.4

Hello & welcome to the forum! Photoshop is an excellent & complex program which I used during my teaching career - a steep learning curve; so, you might want to first provide us your own needs for an imaging app, i.e. for professional/daily use or just an occasional photo manipulation? There might be other more appropriate choices, such as Pixelmator, which is on my MBPro - Dave
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

This doesn't even scratch the surface of my bookmarks for Photoshop but will get you started:
Layers Magazine « The How-to Magazine for Everything Adobe
Good-Tutorials - Newest Tutorials
Tutorial Outpost – Photoshop Tutorials, Flash Tutorials, and more!
Photoshop Professional Tips & Tricks
http://www.teamphotoshop.com/index.php
Planet Photoshop | Online Photoshop Tutorials, News and Tips

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
ibrhmymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
Hello & welcome to the forum! Photoshop is an excellent & complex program which I used during my teaching career - a steep learning curve; so, you might want to first provide us your own needs for an imaging app, i.e. for professional/daily use or just an occasional photo manipulation? There might be other more appropriate choices, such as Pixelmator, which is on my MBPro - Dave
Thank you for your response actually I want to be a graphic designer of course not as my professional occupation but I want to both edit my photos and also create and design some graphics like logos, text effects etc. and may be at some point I can turn my works into professional works
QUOTE Thanks
ibrhmymn

Thanks a lot for your contribution I will chech each of them
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Have a look at Lynda.com as well.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

It's amazing the information one finds on this forum - stuff you didn't even know that you didn't know. Thanks for this list - it will keep one happy reader here very busy for some time to come.

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

nickyr is a jewel in the roughnickyr is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2012 IMac 27", mid 2010 Macbook, OSX 10.9.4, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iOS 7, Apple TV 3, iPod Classic

I signed up for Adobe CC earlier this year but so far have only used LR

Really need to get to grips with photoshop so thanks for the links

what have the Roman's ever done for us?

QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Photoshop Tutorials :: Hands-On Training by DocOzone
Photoshop Restoration & Retouching
http://www.plugsandpixels.com/ezine.html
Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider | Photoshop & Photography Techniques, News, Books, Reviews & More
Photoshop Tutorials & Adobe Photoshop Plugins | PhotoshopSupport.com
Tuts+ Design & Illustration Tutorials

Few more, not all guaranteed to work, some are old.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Dummies does a good job also:-

Adobe Photoshop & Digital Photography - For Dummies

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

nickyr is a jewel in the roughnickyr is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2012 IMac 27", mid 2010 Macbook, OSX 10.9.4, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iOS 7, Apple TV 3, iPod Classic

Just come across this - looke pretty comprehensive and I just watched the one on dodging and burning which was really simple to follow

Learn Photoshop CC | Adobe TV

what have the Roman's ever done for us?

QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

I'd definately consider the photoshop bible by Deke McClelland.
IMO the best book and learning resource for Photoshop.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrhmymn View Post
Hi everyone, I am really curios about Photoshop and eagerly want to learn this program with all details. Is there any way to do that by my self. Any online course or books that you suggest me. Step by step tutorials. I do not know where to start. Can you help me about that...
I do a little but of Photoshop on my blog, however I work more in Lightroom when possible. That said Phlearn on Youtube is dedicated to Ps and has some really great all around tutorials.

Cheers,
Joe

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
FritzDaCat

FritzDaCat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrhmymn View Post
Thank you for your response actually I want to be a graphic designer of course not as my professional occupation but I want to both edit my photos and also create and design some graphics like logos, text effects etc. and may be at some point I can turn my works into professional works
In this case, you're going to want to learn a vector-based design program too. Illustrator is good since you're going with Photoshop. They go hand in hand. You might want to consider taking a class or two at a local community college. That way you have access to a teacher to ask a lot of questions.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Accessing iphoto | 21.5 in or 27 inch iMac for Video editing and photography »