New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

new to mac and resizing photos.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tigermidge

Tigermidge is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: New Imac i7, Fusion Drive, 8GB Ram.

Hello I'm Mark,
I just started to get my new mac running and was looking into how to handle photos.
I post photo of hikes and fishing on a few web forums but the photos need to be resized first and uploaded to photo bucket.

What Ui use to do was download them into a file with the date and then make a sub folder named resize and run Resizer-pro A batch resizing program, it put the resized photo's in the resize folder.

can this be done in Iphoto, I was looking at how to do it but you have to do it outside of Iphoto.

any other suggestion?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Have a read of these suggestion from Apple Discussions using iPhoto. Graphic Converter software may also help Do a search in the App Store:-

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4508528?tstart=0

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Try using Resize!. It works exactly the way you just described your old software.

EDIT: you'd have to do it outside iPhoto, but you can just drag/drop what you want resized into a temporary folder to run the job.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Tigermidge

Tigermidge is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: New Imac i7, Fusion Drive, 8GB Ram.

Thanks the resizer software will work.

Mark F.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I open a MRI CD? | Scanning documents? »