New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Upload photos to Facebook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

beckyboas

beckyboas is on a distinguished road

Can anyone help me please? I am trying to upload photos from my iphone which have trasferred over to my mac but keep getting this message:

Can't Read Files
Your photos couldn't be uploaded. Photos should be less than 4 MB and saved as JPG, PNG, GIF or TIFF files.

I used to be able to upload photos, this started a few days ago, can anyone shed any light pretty please? xxxx
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Where are you trying to upload your photos to? How did you transfer the photos from your iPhone to your Mac and what format are the photos in?
QUOTE Thanks
beckyboas

Hi
They are in JPEG Format, trying to upload onto Facebook & the photos have gone onto my Mac via iCloud. Up until last week I could upload onto Facebook, nothing as changed, so confused.
Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyboas View Post
Hi
They are in JPEG Format, trying to upload onto Facebook & the photos have gone onto my Mac via iCloud. Up until last week I could upload onto Facebook, nothing as changed, so confused.
Thank you.
Hello - not sure that I can add much but are you using the Facebook (FB) app on the phone? If so, you might want to 'Force Close' the app, then reopen to see if that maneuver helps; if not, I would suggest a 'Restart' or better a 'Reset' of your phone (directions below if unfamiliar w/ the maneuver).

Of course, if the photos are already on your iMac, then you can put then into your FB messages easily - that's how I add pics to my account - good luck and let us know your results. Dave

Quote:
When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up):
a. iOS 6.x - press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.
b. iOS 7.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.
QUOTE Thanks
beckyboas

I haven't got a problem posting pics to FB from my phone, it's only from my Mac. Last week could upload with no problems so not sure why there is an error now?? x
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.10.1

Hi again - I was uncertain from your previous posts as to which device was having the problem uploading photos to Facebook (FB) - SO, my assumption is that you are: 1) able to upload images from your phone to your FB account?; 2) you can transfer images from your phone to your iMac?; and 3) you are unable to transfer the images on your iMac into your FB account - correct?

Now, I'm assuming that you are using the FB website via a browser (presume Safari)? If so, I would suggest that your 'Force Close' Safari, then restart and try again (if uncertain about the procedure, go to the Apple then select 'Force Quit' and finally Safari). If unsuccessful, I would then suggest logging out of your account and entering another user on your iMac (if available) and seeing if the FB upload feature works; if so, this would suggest a problem w/ your user account.

If still not useful, double-click on one of the images you are trying to upload > Get Info - tell us the size and extension of the image. You might also want to provide us the OS X you are using along w/ the Safari version. Good luck - Dave
QUOTE Thanks
beckyboas

Yes your 3 points are correct. I took some pics last night and just tried uploading via my Mac to FB and it worked but the pics I took last week still are not. Strange. If I continue to have problems I will try your suggestions. Thanks for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
kolourfulkati

kolourfulkati is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem - it only started last week - I am not doing anything different - this is the message I receive when posting any NEW photos taken on my IPHONE that have been transferred to both my MAC AIR and MAC PRO -
Photos are in IPHOTO _ jpeg 2.1mb

Your photos couldn't be uploaded. Photos should be less than 4 MB and saved as JPG, PNG, GIF or TIFF files.

Any advice please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
Hello - not sure that I can add much but are you using the Facebook (FB) app on the phone? If so, you might want to 'Force Close' the app, then reopen to see if that maneuver helps; if not, I would suggest a 'Restart' or better a 'Reset' of your phone (directions below if unfamiliar w/ the maneuver).

Of course, if the photos are already on your iMac, then you can put then into your FB messages easily - that's how I add pics to my account - good luck and let us know your results. Dave
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

New title and moved thread to more appropriate forum.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
kolourfulkati

kolourfulkati is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolourfulkati View Post
I am having the same problem - it only started last week - I am not doing anything different - this is the message I receive when posting any NEW photos taken on my IPHONE that have been transferred to both my MAC AIR and MAC PRO -
Photos are in IPHOTO _ jpeg 2.1mb

Any advice please?
I dont think I made my query very clear. I am not loading the photos to FBook from my IPHONE - I transfer them from my IPHONE 4 to the MAC PRO and MAC AIR and then try to post them on Fbook.
I get the above message.
The only way I can get the photos to load that were taken on my IPHONE and then transferred to my MAC AIR and MA PRO - is to create an album. This takes heaps of time. I am not doing anything different to las tweek -something has changed with Facebook? I can load photos that were taken before last week ok - no new photos I take on my IPHONE and then transfer them to my MAC and then try to load to FBOOK - I get the above message. I hop this is clear
QUOTE Thanks
beckyboas

Think there must be a problem with FB as I took photos on Saturday and they uploaded but ones I took last week won't. So some are and some are not, very strange. I can upload photos from my mac, which were taken on my iphone onto Ebay so thinking the problem must be with FB.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Camera Choice | Resize photos for web »