Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/images-graphic-design-digital-photography/)
-   -   there is an App for this, but I can't find it. (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/images-graphic-design-digital-photography/307773-there-app-but-i-cant-find.html)

timmy_toad 01-16-2014 02:30 PM

there is an App for this, but I can't find it.

Hi all, I know I have done this before, but I dont remember how I did it, can someone please help ?

All I need to do, is to put a pointer/arrow on top of a JPG picture to point out something on the picture.

I have done it before and I probably still have the App that I did it with before, but I'll be dammed if I can find it OR know what it's called !.

Tim

nickyr 01-16-2014 02:33 PM

MS Paint or something similar?

chscag 01-16-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

All I need to do, is to put a pointer/arrow on top of a JPG picture to point out something on the picture.

I have done it before and I probably still have the App that I did it with before, but I'll be dammed if I can find it.
Try Monosnap, free in the Mac App store.

Raz0rEdge 01-16-2014 03:11 PM

The one I like is Skitch. However, the newest version since Evernotes acquisition is a little stunted. Due to customer outrage, the older version for Mac is available from the drop-down there in gray. Grab the older version and you can draw your nice arrows..

timmy_toad 01-16-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge (Post 1562401)
The one I like is Skitch. However, the newest version since Evernotes acquisition is a little stunted. Due to customer outrage, the older version for Mac is available from the drop-down there in gray. Grab the older version and you can draw your nice arrows..

Thank you everyone for replying, "a devil you know is better than a devil you dont know" so I now know it was SKITCH that I used before with some success, I had the old version which I remember was adequate for me, and then I slipped up and upgraded to theEvernote version and I deleted it completely.

So thank you Raz0rEdge for putting me on the right track :( brill.

Tim

bobtomay 01-16-2014 06:45 PM

And Preview will put an arrow on a jpg.

timmy_toad 01-17-2014 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobtomay (Post 1562434)
And Preview will put an arrow on a jpg.

Wow, thanks "bobtomay" you are spot on with that one, that would have been perfect, completely adequate, these Apple folk are pretty good eh. straight out of the box, kind a thing :)

Tim

bobtomay 01-17-2014 05:20 AM

It'd be nice if whomever designed and approved Preview knew the difference between a "line" and an "arrow".

timmy_toad 01-17-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobtomay (Post 1562476)
It'd be nice if whomever designed and approved Preview knew the difference between a "line" and an "arrow".

Bloomin heck "bobtomay" you are dead right there buddy, thats incredible.

Tim

Exodist 01-17-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobtomay (Post 1562476)

LOL yea for real..