New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

iPhoto Sharing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JimmyHat

I have iPhoto 2, and my wife has version 5. I would like to share photos between the two of our computers via our LAN, but I haven't found anything that looks like it's built specifically for this purpose.

Everything that I have found is:
a) meant for publishing photos to a web site/server
b) not compatible with our versions of iPhoto
or
c) not functional on OS X 10.3.9

Does anyone know of any software that's available for download that would do this? Preferrably freeware, as I could purchase iPhoto 6, but I am not willing to spend the money just for this feature.
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

JGruber has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD

I did this lastnight with my ibook and Mac Mini.

I located the Mini on the network, (All my iphoto / itunes stuff is on a external drive), I located the drive with the stuff on it, and just pointed my iphoto to that directory.

You also need to make sure the 'server' or the other machine has the file sharing ports open (this can be done via System Prefs > Sharing)

I hope this helps you out.

You can also browse to the other machine by typing afp://192.168.1.100 (provided your network is behind a router) just type this afp://IP OF OTHER MACHINE
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple 20 inch cinema display for graphic design? | iPhoto Smart Album + Film Roll Organization »