New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Looking for a great photography magazine.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Hey Everyone,
I currently get Popular Photography, Shutter Bug and Digital SLR Photography magazines via Zinio and looking to add one more Photo mag to my reading list. I like to get a mag every month and don't want to spend to much, but willing to pay more if the mag is worth it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Digital Photo if you're in the UK.

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I get Popular Photography and Shutterbug on Zinio too, and also subscribe to Outdoor Photography (more geared toward Landscape with some Wildlife)

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Thanks for the feedback.

On Zinio I think they have bigger selection, so I should be able to get both US and UK mags with no problems. I am in the philippines, so Zinio is best option for me. If I had any sent here the locals would steel them at the post office.. LOL

I was looking at Outdoor Photo the other day since I am into doing more Landscapes and animal life.

I may try to get both on the fist of the month.

Thanks again,
Joe

UPDATE:

Heck went ahead and got both.. Cheap enough Thanks again..

QUOTE Thanks
chappers

chappers is on a distinguished road

Try F11 magazine. It's FREE and is produced in New Zealand. Electronic publication only and has some great images. and did I mention it was free

here's the link

f11 :: for photographers and aficionados
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappers View Post
Try F11 magazine. It's FREE and is produced in New Zealand. Electronic publication only and has some great images. and did I mention it was free

here's the link

f11 :: for photographers and aficionados
Thanks, will do..

QUOTE Thanks
Unkei

Unkei is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.6 GHz Quad Core i7 SSD

All the recommendations so far are great. If you are into mobile photography at all, possibly with a good smartphone (my choice is iPhone5S), Snap Magazine from Hipstamatic is free at present, some 18 issues available at present. Link here:
Hipstamatic - Snap Magazine
Another good Mag for mobile photography is Mobiography, but their subscription model is a bit odd, with 20% off cover price of $4.99 per issue.The content is excellent though. Mobile photography is a big thing these days. The image is still up to the photographer's eye though. Every snapshot you take is not necessarily worthy of publication! But the same can be said of the most expensive SLR and DSLR cameras. Good equipment helps, but again, it's the equipment on the back end of the camera, the photographer, that makes the real difference in the quality of the image!
I also agree that F11 Magazine is excellent, as well as Shutterbug.
Unkei
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wacom and Photoshop | Finally ponied up for Photoshop »