New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

What Digital Camera do you have . . . Share your baby with me please !!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nickyr

nickyr is a jewel in the roughnickyr is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2012 IMac 27", mid 2010 Macbook, OSX 10.9.4, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iOS 8, Apple TV 3, iPod Classic

I went to my local camera shop on Saturday meaning to buy either the Nikkor 14-24 or 16-35 lens to go on my D700.

An hour, a trade in, and a sum of money later I left with the 16-35 f4 and a new Nikon D800 :-)

I looked at and tried the new D810 - but couldn't justify the extra 700 for what I could see as no discernable difference in IQ.

I think I now have the camera and lenses to see my days out :-)

what have the Roman's ever done for us?

QUOTE Thanks
smb

smb is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.5 i7, 24GB. Drobo5D EHD. Mac Book Air. 2010 15" Mac Book Pro. Retired 2008 (3.1) Mac Pro

Nice way to spend an hour! You should love the 16-35mm.
I have an old 17-35 2.8mm and it is one of my favorite lenses; above and underwater!
Enjoy.
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

Mac Specs: late 2012 IMac 27", mid 2010 Macbook, OSX 10.9.4, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iOS 8, Apple TV 3, iPod Classic

Thanks - I look forward to getting out eary on the weekend to try it out (it'll probably rain now!)

The 17-35 is supposed to be a legendary lens - getting one now is very tricky meaning prices are really high even for used ones.

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Congratulations!

This demonstrates the danger in entering a photograpy store (or Apple Store for that matter).

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

I know you want to hear congrats and everything. But I will be honest, there have been lots of issues with the D800 including a class action lawsuit in regards to Nikon not repairing the D800 and tons of users with complaints of dust and oil appearing on the sensors. This is also one reason the D810 was just released to fix the issue on the D800.. Make sure you get a warranty and pixel peep for a few weeks to make sure yours doesn't end up with that issue. Owners that sent theirs in for cleaning would get them back clean. But within a few hours of using, oil and dust spots would re appear. I really hope yours doesn't end up like that.

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

I thought that was the D600?

Law firm already filed a class action lawsuit for the Nikon D600 dust/oil spot issue | Nikon Rumors

not heard anything about an oil issue with the D800 but I'll keep my eyes open

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

It was the D600. I got the D610 after Roger Cicala of lensrental.com gave it a clean bill of health . . .

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyr View Post
I thought that was the D600?

Law firm already filed a class action lawsuit for the Nikon D600 dust/oil spot issue | Nikon Rumors

not heard anything about an oil issue with the D800 but I'll keep my eyes open
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
It was the D600. I got the D610 after Roger Cicala of lensrental.com gave it a clean bill of health . . .
You know it was.. My complete apologies..

Its harder for me to keep up with the Nikon line at times, doesn't help when I post stuff half a sleep either.. LOL..

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Scanning documents? | Recover images from Aperture 3? »