Specs:
    24" IMAC
    Mac Batch Program info
    My wife and her her dear friend just came back from a 12 day vacation to Germany. My wife had her 12 megapixel camera (point and shoot) and her friend had a fairly new 20 megapixel camera, also a point and shoot.

The size of the 20 megapixel photos are quite large. I'm seeking a "batch" type of program to reduce the size of her photos - 182 of them - to something around 12 megapixels. This to make it easier to work with.

Does anyone have any recommendations? In advance, as always ..... thanks.

Resize! should do the trick.
    https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/16845/resize!

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

I've used GraphicConverter for more than a decade, and it'll do stuff like this with ease...

look it up Lemke Software - Mac Fotobearbeitung, Mac Diashow, Mac Grafikprogramm, Mac Bildbetrachter: Start

I'm convinced it's one of the most overlooked graphics converter apps there is (and it does about 80% of what photoshop can do, but for free!).....

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    More like 30 percent, and seriously needs to come to the 20th century interface-wise, and has been largely superceded by stuff like Pixelmator ($15) -- but for batch conversion jobs it is excellent, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by VAMountaineer View Post
    I've used GraphicConverter for more than a decade, and it'll do stuff like this with ease...

look it up Lemke Software - Mac Fotobearbeitung, Mac Diashow, Mac Grafikprogramm, Mac Bildbetrachter: Start

I'm convinced it's one of the most overlooked graphics converter apps there is (and it does about 80% of what photoshop can do, but for free!).....
    As chas pointed out, it's overlooked because it's not as capable as you think it is, and it has one antiquated UI. And free? Errr... no it's not.

I wonder if you meant GIMP?
    GIMP - Downloads

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    As chas pointed out, it's overlooked because it's not as capable as you think it is, and it has one antiquated UI. And free? Errr... no it's not.

I wonder if you meant GIMP?
    GIMP - Downloads
    the shareware version is free..

But, yes the UI is a bit outdated. but then again, I ain't no spring chicken myself....

Thread Information