New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Wacom Tablet Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lepidotzoro

Lepidotzoro is on a distinguished road

My tablet pen has been on and off ceasing to register pen movement. When I press the pen onto the tablet surface, the light turns green but I can't move the mouse with it, and I can't click anything. This has happened multiple times in the past. For a while all I had to do was reinstall the driver and it would work fine again. After a while I ended up having to remove the software with the Wacom Utility first and then reinstall the driver after restarting my mac and unplugging the tablet. Now, nothing I do is working and it simply won't register the pen. I even tried changing the tip. Is there anything else I can try? How can I make it work? I've only had this particular tablet for a few months but I've had two before it and neither gave me this much trouble.

At this point I don't know if it's a problem with the tablet or the Mac because I got both around the same time. I am using a MacBook with 10.6.8 installed.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
At this point I don't know if it's a problem with the tablet or the Mac because I got both around the same time. I am using a MacBook with 10.6.8 installed.
The only way you're going to find out is either use another tablet with the MacBook or test the Wacom tablet on another Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
Lepidotzoro

Lepidotzoro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
The only way you're going to find out is either use another tablet with the MacBook or test the Wacom tablet on another Mac.
Well, I have tried the tablet on another mac, and it was fine after I downloaded the driver. ...I don't have another tablet to try on my current mac, but honestly I'm already pretty sure it's a problem with the driver. This has happened multiple times, as stated, and the only way I've fixed it in the past was by messing around with the driver software. It's just that this time, nothing at all is working.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« burning to disk issues | iPhoto not opening »