New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

can i Disable > Right Click Disable

Thread Closed

timmy_toad

timmy_toad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, iPad2 + iPhone4S

Is there an APP to enable this ?, or anything else that can do this.

It is with good and honest intentions that i am asking this.

Is it at all possible to Re-Enable Right Click and Save As when it has been disabled ?, it is EASY to do this on a Windows computer, and i dont think i can do it on my Apple !!!, this Windows fella is winding me up something wicked LOL. and i hate him for it LOL.

BTW. it is Saving Photos and Videos i am talking about.

Is there an APP for it ???

Tim
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.5

Hi Tim - don't believe that you mentioned which OS X version you are using which is important - please review this ARTICLE (and to the very end) - the 'Option' key w/ the most recent OS X versions can bring up the 'Save As' choice but the behavior seems a little tricky to grasp? I'm a recent Apple switcher so miss the easy to understand Windows 'Save As' - I've been using the 'Duplicate' option myself - BUT hopefully others may 'chime in' to help & Apple may resolve this issue to all's satisfaction - Dave
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I'm not sure I understand your question or what you want to do, but if you are in one of the (very few) apps that don't offer a Save As, holding the option key while selecting the file menu gives you the Save As option.
timmy_toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
Hi Tim - don't believe that you mentioned which OS X version you are using which is important - please review this ARTICLE (and to the very end) - the 'Option' key w/ the most recent OS X versions can bring up the 'Save As' choice but the behavior seems a little tricky to grasp? I'm a recent Apple switcher so miss the easy to understand Windows 'Save As' - I've been using the 'Duplicate' option myself - BUT hopefully others may 'chime in' to help & Apple may resolve this issue to all's satisfaction - Dave
Thank you so much Dave for trying to help, i am using the latest Mountain Lion 10.8.4, however i perhaps gave you the wrong information or you perhaps interpreted it incorrectly LOL.

I have certainly read that article, but it looks as if that refers to Files that me the User has created has created.

I am referring to Web Sites that protect there "work" by disabling Right Click and Save, so that people CANNOT make money out of there "work", it is probably a little bit of Java Script in the middle of the HTML that goes up to make the Page content.

Windows users are able to do various things to effectively DISABLE this protection, so why cant I ?
timmy_toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I'm not sure I understand your question or what you want to do, but if you are in one of the (very few) apps that don't offer a Save As, holding the option key while selecting the file menu gives you the Save As option.
Hi Chas_m thank you for replying, i spent so long typing my reply above that we overlapped a little LOL.

Hopefully i have made it a little clearer with my reply to RadDave ????

Of course i could always install Windows using Boot Camp LOL.

So perhaps if at the outset i had mentioned Web Page Protection this post would have been Black Flagged LOL

Tim
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Yes, that made it clearer, thanks very much for that.

Given that what you are trying to do could be illegal, and this site obeys US law, I'm afraid I can't help with this particular problem.
timmy_toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Yes, that made it clearer, thanks very much for that.

Given that what you are trying to do could be illegal, and this site obeys US law, I'm afraid I can't help with this particular problem.
OK chas_m i fully understand, i thought it might end up like that, no worries, thanks for your help chaps.

Tim

Thread Closed

« iPhotos --HELP ! your wise mind please | Question with AutoCad 2013 »