New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Low Photo Resolution upon Transfer to MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hmrd

hmrd is on a distinguished road

Why are my digital photos being transferred to my MacBook computer at a low resolution setting? My earlier transfers from the same memory card where fine.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.5

Hi Hmrd - you may need to provide some additional information: 1) What is (are) the size of the photos on your memory card (assume this is the camera's card)? 2) Are you transferring the photos in the same manner (assume into you 'Home' Pictures folder)? and 3) How are you viewing the images on your computer? Just trying to determine if first the photos on the memory card are of different sizes and/or that their transfer/viewing have not changed between your early & later transfers? Good luck - Dave
QUOTE Thanks
hmrd

hmrd is on a distinguished road

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your interest in my problem. I don't know how to answer your questions, so I've decided that the resolution setting must have been changed in my camera, so I'm just making my photobook with smaller photos to compensate for the loss of resolution. Hmrd
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrd View Post
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your interest in my problem. I don't know how to answer your questions, so I've decided that the resolution setting must have been changed in my camera, so I'm just making my photobook with smaller photos to compensate for the loss of resolution. Hmrd
Hi Hmrd - well, w/ the camera's card in place, you should be able to view the specifics of the images on the card w/ the menu options of the camera, and also determine if the 'default' resolution may have been reset to a lower level.

Once the images are on your computer, there are multiple options to view their details, e.g. with the image selected, bring up the drop-down menu and select 'Get Info' or just hit CMD-I for image information; also, if you open an image in 'Preview' and select 'Edit' (far right menu option), then a 'Resize' choice will provide the pixel resolution. Not sure if this is what you want but good luck - Dave
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

It is certainly possible -- even easy -- to accidentally change the resolution of your camera. To fix that you'll need to prowl around the camera's UI and menus to confirm and alter if needed its current settings.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Finder no longer uses Preview to open images? | Transferring photo book to another site. »