Low Photo Resolution upon Transfer to MacBook
    Why are my digital photos being transferred to my MacBook computer at a low resolution setting? My earlier transfers from the same memory card where fine.

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.5
    Hi Hmrd - you may need to provide some additional information: 1) What is (are) the size of the photos on your memory card (assume this is the camera's card)? 2) Are you transferring the photos in the same manner (assume into you 'Home' Pictures folder)? and 3) How are you viewing the images on your computer? Just trying to determine if first the photos on the memory card are of different sizes and/or that their transfer/viewing have not changed between your early & later transfers? Good luck - Dave

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your interest in my problem. I don't know how to answer your questions, so I've decided that the resolution setting must have been changed in my camera, so I'm just making my photobook with smaller photos to compensate for the loss of resolution. Hmrd

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.5
    Quote Originally Posted by hmrd View Post
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your interest in my problem. I don't know how to answer your questions, so I've decided that the resolution setting must have been changed in my camera, so I'm just making my photobook with smaller photos to compensate for the loss of resolution. Hmrd
    Hi Hmrd - well, w/ the camera's card in place, you should be able to view the specifics of the images on the card w/ the menu options of the camera, and also determine if the 'default' resolution may have been reset to a lower level.

Once the images are on your computer, there are multiple options to view their details, e.g. with the image selected, bring up the drop-down menu and select 'Get Info' or just hit CMD-I for image information; also, if you open an image in 'Preview' and select 'Edit' (far right menu option), then a 'Resize' choice will provide the pixel resolution. Not sure if this is what you want but good luck - Dave

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    It is certainly possible -- even easy -- to accidentally change the resolution of your camera. To fix that you'll need to prowl around the camera's UI and menus to confirm and alter if needed its current settings.

Thread Information