Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.13.2
    Finder no longer uses Preview to open images?
    Hi All - still a 'newbie' to Apple OS X and ran into an image association issue - just returned from a vacation and I wanted an app that would allow me to quickly preview the images on my camera's SD card (i.e. delete those not wanted and save those to my MBP) - before when I opened Finder and click on an image, Preview would then open allowing me to crop & resize images.

But after downloading an app called Xee which seemed to 'fit my needs' - I was able to preview images on the card, trash those not wanted, and export to my MBP (running most recent version of Mtn Lion). Well, I opened Finder now, clicked on an image and PhotoSync 'pops up' (I had installed this weeks ago to sync w/ my iPad) - searching in the preferences of Finder, Xee, & PhotoSync, I cannot determine how to dissociate these file associations and get back to using Preview? Must be a simple solution? Also, I cannot find Xee in Launchpad to even try a deletion of the app? Thanks for comments & help - Dave

Specs:
    Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
    Right-click on one of the files - Choose Get Info (or select and file and press CMD+I)

Change the 'Open with...' drop to Preview. Then hit the Change All button. Repeat for any other file types that are giving you issues

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.13.2
    Thanks Mrplow - your suggestion(s) worked fine - know that I had read about file associations in OS X but forgot - still not sure why these were switched over to PhotoSync but now corrected! Dave

Thread Information