New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Problem: Photoshop CS5 & Epson Stylus 3800

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

charadras

charadras is on a distinguished road

Hello.
I am experiencing a baffling problem with Adobe Photoshop CS5 and Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer.

Trying to print on H-M paper, using the appropriate settings (see image 1), I find that under "Print Settings" on the printer driver, all the "Fine Art paper" choices are greyed out. Also, which may or may not be relevant, no matter what presets are selected, the parameters remain the same (i.e., it does not appear to be responding to a change of presets).

I am running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac.
I have loaded the latest Epson driver, and reinstalled it after trashing the old /Library/Printers/EPSON folder.

At this point I am baffled. Can anyone please help?
Attached Images
File Type: png Image 1.png (196.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Image 2.png (124.4 KB, 12 views)
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

With my experience of that type od epson printer it is always best to print from a PDF file rather than a native app, It might be something to do with postscript, but I always printed from PDF with an Epson, and even then the damn thing was temperamental - especially when there was a deadline.

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
charadras

charadras is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
With my experience of that type od epson printer it is always best to print from a PDF file rather than a native app, It might be something to do with postscript, but I always printed from PDF with an Epson, and even then the damn thing was temperamental - especially when there was a deadline.
Thank you, louishen. Can you give me a bit more advice? In five years of printing exhibition prints with Epsons, I've never printed from PDF (I'm self-taught, hence with glaring holes in my knowledge...). What does this involve?

Also, is it relevant that the print menu has "Unsupported PDE" crossed out?

Would reinstalling Photoshop correct what seems to be a permanent error?

Thank you for your patience.
QUOTE Thanks
MacGandalf

MacGandalf will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7, iPhone5, iPad4, Apple tv3, iPod5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charadras View Post
Hello.
I am experiencing a baffling problem with Adobe Photoshop CS5 and Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer.

Trying to print on H-M paper, using the appropriate settings (see image 1), I find that under "Print Settings" on the printer driver, all the "Fine Art paper" choices are greyed out. Also, which may or may not be relevant, no matter what presets are selected, the parameters remain the same (i.e., it does not appear to be responding to a change of presets).

I am running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac.
I have loaded the latest Epson driver, and reinstalled it after trashing the old /Library/Printers/EPSON folder.

At this point I am baffled. Can anyone please help?
Might be worth checking to see if the HM icc profiles are in the correct location.

HD > User > Library > ColourSync > Profiles

You also show "allow Photoshop to manage colours" presume then you have your Epson driver colour management set to Off?

Hope this might be of use?

MacGandalf: Have waited all my life for a woman with a sword to come rescue me!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Framemaker conversion to Indesign file | Why do people never take our advice as Graphic Designers? »