New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Engine # 90

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bobmielke

bobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8

For any train buffs out there here's a photo I took today with my little Sony NEX-5N with the 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6. It will fit any monitor, even one the size of a double-wide garage door. 1920x1080 pixels.

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I love those old steam driven trains. Nice shot Bob! There's a tourist train line and track that runs from Fort Worth, TX to Grapevine, TX which uses a steam driven train and cars to haul the tourists. I rode on it years ago accompanying my daughter on a school trip and outing. Lots of fun.
QUOTE Thanks
bobmielke

bobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
I love those old steam driven trains. Nice shot Bob! There's a tourist train line and track that runs from Fort Worth, TX to Grapevine, TX which uses a steam driven train and cars to haul the tourists. I rode on it years ago accompanying my daughter on a school trip and outing. Lots of fun.
Way back in 1976 I took a steam engine ride on a steam engine tourist train from Lambertville, NJ to Flemington, NJ. I should Google that line & see if it's still running. One of my good friends in St. Louis, MO worked for the railroad as a track repairman. Talk about a railroad buff! I'd love to make contact with him and send him this photo. Damn that Sony NEX-5N produces some sharp photos. It's got the best focusing sytem I've ever seen. Glad you enjoyed the shot. - Bob

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

As soon as i saw the Engine #90 i knew it be a train. Im not a train buff but i do like the ye olde Locomotives and this is a damn fine shot. When i live in our Nations Capital, ever fathers day they had a old steam engine fathers day ride that i did a couple of times. There is nothing like it (mind you i would like to try the Japanese Bullet Trains) What editing was done Bob ??

Love it Thanks for sharing

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is nothing like it (mind you i would like to try the Japanese Bullet Trains)
I rode one from Tokyo to Hakone Lake resorts while stationed in Japan during my military days. The Hakone Lake resort area is where Mount Fuji casts a reflection in the lakes it towers over. Beautiful spot and a great place for Bob to take his camera equipment! I would love to see his photos of that area.

By the way, I believe the Bullet Train is called "The Shin Kansen" in Japanese. (That is if I'm remembering it correctly.)
QUOTE Thanks
bobmielke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
As soon as i saw the Engine #90 i knew it be a train. Im not a train buff but i do like the ye olde Locomotives and this is a damn fine shot. When i live in our Nations Capital, ever fathers day they had a old steam engine fathers day ride that i did a couple of times. There is nothing like it (mind you i would like to try the Japanese Bullet Trains) What editing was done Bob ??

Love it Thanks for sharing
The main punch was added by Topaz Clarity, a new software program that sharpens without any halos. It's an amazing Photoshop plug-in that I bought last week for just $29.95. It handles all contrast, structure and sharpening in one push of a button. I love it.

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
By the way, I believe the Bullet Train is called "The Shinkansen" in Japanese. (That is if I'm remembering it correctly.)
Yes you are correct but its one word

That would of been a site to be seen and it must be one heck of a mountain to get a reflection on that lake ( i goggle mapped it) being it 30kms as the crow flies to the lake .. . . WOW

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

I don't remember the height of Fuji but it's surrounded by lakes. Lake Hakone is the most famous of all and is a beautiful resort area. The Shinkansen ride from Tokyo station to the Hakone area is first class. We bought regular tickets (not first class) but the seats were like airliner reclining and they even served snacks. Saki was extra.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anything like the "Fractalius" Photoshop plug-in for mac?? | New wallpaper photos for you »