New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Kitty Dreams Wallpaper For Free

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bobmielke

bobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8

This was my first experiment with the free NIK software suite that I downloaded the other day. Google bought out NIK and offered the entire suite for free to previous customers of NIK who nought any of the 6 modules over the past 5 years. Hard to beat that deal as that represents $600 worth of free goodies. They are also selling the entire suite right now for $149 to new customers.

Feel free to use the posted pic as wallpaper on your computers. If you need a bigger file I can provide it for free. I shot this photo with a D800 so the original file is huge and extremely sharp. Enjoy!

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Nice shot as usual Bob. Could you tell us a bit more about the NIK software suite for those of us who are not familiar with it? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
bobmielke

bobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Nice shot as usual Bob. Could you tell us a bit more about the NIK software suite for those of us who are not familiar with it? Thanks.
There are 6 modules in the suite designed to do very different things.

1. HDR Efex Pro 2 adjusts the High Dynamic Range of your image by adjusting highlights, mid-tones and shadow areas. It creates some very dynamic looking landscapes especially.

2. Silver Efex Pro 2 is the industry standard to convert your color images into perfect B&W masterpieces. This is one of the first products from NIK that I purchased before the suite offer came up. It uses preset examples for you to choose from on a panel to your left that are all completely adjustable. Adjustments are customizable and can be saved as a favorite preset the next time you want to make a B&W conversion.

3. Sharpener Pro 3 allows for total control over sharpening you image globally or using their selection point process you can choose to sharpen or soften specific areas of any photo.

4. Color Efex Pro 4 contains over 100 special effects filters to bring attention to your subject, change the lighting, and have total control over vignettes. This is one powerful program you'll get to depend on for sure.

5. Viveza 2 is one of my favorite modules because it is the 2nd plug-in module I bought from NIK Software a few years ago. It does things Photoshop can't do. It gives you total spot control over brightness, contrast, saturation & structure. There are also global adjustments that can be made with this module. I use this filter set more than any other.

6. Dfine 2 is a noise reduction module that I have never used. I have experience with Noiseware and Topaz DeNoise but know nothing about NIK's version, Dfine.

You can find out more at: Nik Collection. I hope this helps. If you own Adobe Photoshop, Elements or Lightroom NIK software will work just fine. It's also compatible with Apple's Aperture. You wil not be the price.

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Thanks Bob, great explanation and what seems to be a very good price - for new customers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac video chat | mountain lion dock transparent? »