New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Alternative to Fireworks or photoshop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ienakiko

ienakiko is on a distinguished road

Hi

I am a web designer

I would like to buy an app for MAC, similar to Fireworks or photoshop.

I know that the Adobe programs are unbeatable, but can you suggest me good app for editing images and creating web design stuff?

Thanks a lot!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Check out Pixelmator

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

+1 for Pixelmator. It is getting great reviews across the tech feeds. Some even lauding it as a complete Photoshop replacement. If you are used to Photoshop, Pixelmator should be very easy to step into.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

+1 for Pixelmator, its a great app and that's coming from someone who uses PhotoShop for a living

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
ienakiko

ok thanks a lot!

but what do you think about gimp??? pixelmator is better??
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Gimp is free and a bit more complicated to learn to use. It, however, does have a lot of features that match PS. Pixelmator has a much more polished look..

Try gimp out and if it doesn't work for you, go with PoxelMator.

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
ienakiko

ok I will stick with pixelmator

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
piddley

piddley is on a distinguished road

Can Pixelmator do RGB to CMYK colour conversion and other pro stuff like that...? I recently had to let my PS go and I have been struggling with Gimp.. Its ok but just so not user friendly. I have plenty of artwork and the printing service I use, print24, require all files in CMYK to guarantee good results.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by piddley View Post
Can Pixelmator do RGB to CMYK colour conversion and other pro stuff like that...? I recently had to let my PS go and I have been struggling with Gimp.. Its ok but just so not user friendly. I have plenty of artwork and the printing service I use, print24, require all files in CMYK to guarantee good results.
Last time I checked it didn't but there are work arounds to get files into CMYK.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by piddley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Last time I checked it didn't but there are work arounds to get files into CMYK.

Yes there are and you can do this by Opening the Image with ColorSync Utility in the Applications>Utilities Folder and then using the drop down Menus at the bottom of the window. Quick and simple. Just tried it and works Look at below image

EDIT : Pxelmator does now have CMYK support as outlined in this article Pixelmator Adds New Color Profile Management and CMYK Support

Quote:
In the digital world, colors can be defined in many ways, and when it comes to precision, a feature called Soft Proofing comes in handy. Soft Proofing lets you quickly apply different color profiles to your images so you can get an idea of how the outcome, such as the printed image, might look. That's right, CMYK lovers, now you can preview and work in CMYK colors.

On top of that, thanks to the sRGB standard, the image colors inside Pixelmator will also look better. The sRGB color standard is widely used on most devices you come across every day, such as digital cameras, scanners, or even your iPhone. This means that the colors of images you edit in Pixelmator will look absolutely perfect outside Pixelmator and across all of your Apple devices.
That should keep em happy as it seemed like there was a lot of people out there wanting this. Color Perfect Pixelmator 2.1.3
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-05-25 at 8.37.48 AM.png (57.9 KB, 18 views)

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Yes there are and you can do this by Opening the Image with ColorSync Utility in the Applications>Utilities Folder and then using the drop down Menus at the bottom of the window. Quick and simple. Just tried it and works Look at below image

EDIT : Pxelmator does now have CMYK support as outlined in this article Pixelmator Adds New Color Profile Management and CMYK Support

That should keep em happy as it seemed like there was a lot of people out there wanting this. Color Perfect Pixelmator 2.1.3
Yeah me included. XD

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to email an attachment from Canon DPP | How to fix 'Camera Raw not enabled' error in Bridge? »