Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/images-graphic-design-digital-photography/)
-   -   Alternative to Fireworks or photoshop (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/images-graphic-design-digital-photography/298965-alternative-fireworks-photoshop.html)

ienakiko 05-15-2013 03:52 AM

Alternative to Fireworks or photoshop

Hi

I am a web designer

I would like to buy an app for MAC, similar to Fireworks or photoshop.

I know that the Adobe programs are unbeatable, but can you suggest me good app for editing images and creating web design stuff?

Thanks a lot!!!

Raz0rEdge 05-15-2013 09:53 AM

Check out Pixelmator

Deckyon 05-15-2013 10:44 AM

+1 for Pixelmator. It is getting great reviews across the tech feeds. Some even lauding it as a complete Photoshop replacement. If you are used to Photoshop, Pixelmator should be very easy to step into.

louishen 05-15-2013 02:20 PM

+1 for Pixelmator, its a great app and that's coming from someone who uses PhotoShop for a living

ienakiko 05-16-2013 12:55 AM

ok thanks a lot!

but what do you think about gimp??? pixelmator is better??

Raz0rEdge 05-16-2013 07:15 AM

Gimp is free and a bit more complicated to learn to use. It, however, does have a lot of features that match PS. Pixelmator has a much more polished look..

Try gimp out and if it doesn't work for you, go with PoxelMator.

ienakiko 05-16-2013 07:34 PM

ok I will stick with pixelmator

thanks

piddley 05-24-2013 04:14 PM

Can Pixelmator do RGB to CMYK colour conversion and other pro stuff like that...? I recently had to let my PS go and I have been struggling with Gimp.. Its ok but just so not user friendly. I have plenty of artwork and the printing service I use, print24, require all files in CMYK to guarantee good results.

CrimsonRequiem 05-24-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piddley (Post 1517069)
Can Pixelmator do RGB to CMYK colour conversion and other pro stuff like that...? I recently had to let my PS go and I have been struggling with Gimp.. Its ok but just so not user friendly. I have plenty of artwork and the printing service I use, print24, require all files in CMYK to guarantee good results.

Last time I checked it didn't but there are work arounds to get files into CMYK.

TattooedMac 05-24-2013 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by piddley (Post 1517069)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem (Post 1517084)
Last time I checked it didn't but there are work arounds to get files into CMYK.

Yes there are and you can do this by Opening the Image with ColorSync Utility in the Applications>Utilities Folder and then using the drop down Menus at the bottom of the window. Quick and simple. Just tried it and works Look at below image

EDIT : Pxelmator does now have CMYK support as outlined in this article Pixelmator Adds New Color Profile Management and CMYK Support

Quote:

In the digital world, colors can be defined in many ways, and when it comes to precision, a feature called Soft Proofing comes in handy. Soft Proofing lets you quickly apply different color profiles to your images so you can get an idea of how the outcome, such as the printed image, might look. That's right, CMYK lovers, now you can preview and work in CMYK colors.

On top of that, thanks to the sRGB standard, the image colors inside Pixelmator will also look better. The sRGB color standard is widely used on most devices you come across every day, such as digital cameras, scanners, or even your iPhone. This means that the colors of images you edit in Pixelmator will look absolutely perfect outside Pixelmator and across all of your Apple devices.
That should keep em happy as it seemed like there was a lot of people out there wanting this. Color Perfect Pixelmator 2.1.3

CrimsonRequiem 05-25-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooedMac (Post 1517108)
Yes there are and you can do this by Opening the Image with ColorSync Utility in the Applications>Utilities Folder and then using the drop down Menus at the bottom of the window. Quick and simple. Just tried it and works Look at below image

EDIT : Pxelmator does now have CMYK support as outlined in this article Pixelmator Adds New Color Profile Management and CMYK Support

That should keep em happy as it seemed like there was a lot of people out there wanting this. Color Perfect Pixelmator 2.1.3

Yeah me included. XD