New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Managing Files on Camera After iPhoto Import

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bytorok

Bytorok is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys:

I did a little searching but didn't find my answer, so I decided to create an account and ask. I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I'm kind of new to Macs...

I have been uploading photos from my camera to iPhoto for some time. I always say not to delete the photos from the camera because my wife like to have some handy on the camera to show friends when she's out and about.

Now that I want to prune some of the uploaded pictures from my camera, I can't seem to find a way to use either iPhoto or Finder to choose and delete specific photos from the camera's memory.

Is there as way to use my MB Pro to manage/delete selected files on my camera?

Thanks!

Bytorok
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I wonder if Image Capture will work. Going to try it and will report back. It might also depend on the camera. What Camera Brand and Model are you using?

Using an HP here and in Image Capture it mounts and all the pics show and there is a little button in the bar at the bottom with Red Circle with diagonal line through it. Mark the pics you want gone and press that button. It will confirm before deleting. If your camera does not show up there let us know.
QUOTE Thanks
Bytorok

It's a Nikon Coolpix AW100.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytorok View Post
It's a Nikon Coolpix AW100.

Thanks!
I updated my post. It does work here on my HP and Canon. Read my other post and I tell how it works.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 10.46.15 AM.png (259.9 KB, 11 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Bytorok

It worked perfectly! Thanks so much!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Glad I could help. I hate deleting on the camera itself as with smaller cameras it's a pain sometimes so found a way that worked for me. Glad I did.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Why are my wife's iPhone 4s photos lower resolution? | Photo transfer »