New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Which Plug-in Package to get for Aperture or LR

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
1) If you are interested in quick and easy results without having to invest a lot of time learning the package, Perfect Photo Suite
2) If you are more concerned in getting the most out of your pics, and are willing to take the time (believe this is you), then Nik or Topaz is probably a better choice

Hope any this is helpful
Yea mate you did get it right, and i ended up going the NIK way, as i got the whole suite for $126.65, but i do appreciate you trying to answer the best you could

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I think very highly of OnOne's stuff.

Nik I used to love until Google got it. I still use SnapSeed a lot but was REALLY mad when they killed it off for Mac. For the moment the former Nik stuff is still good, but to be blunt photography isn't really part of Google's business model and I expect the Nik stuff will die a slow death in their hands. Hope I'm wrong.
I got onOnes Free set of Presets, but yea I'm not going to spend any money there. As i said, i have been in a good chat with Kevin La Rue former NIK now MacPhun, and with out being bias he gave me a good overview of the NIK over other companies, i suppose i will see how i go for now. Thanks Chas

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The MacPhun stuff is very nice on a consumer level, I enjoy SnapHeal Pro very much for photos that need that sort of retouching. To my surprise it works with RAW files as well.

If you went with NIK stuff you did well for yourself.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
The MacPhun stuff is very nice on a consumer level, I enjoy SnapHeal Pro very much for photos that need that sort of retouching. To my surprise it works with RAW files as well.

If you went with NIK stuff you did well for yourself.
Yea it is good and very simple to use as well. The reason i was chatting with Kevin was trying to squeeze a license out of him, and 'by George' i got it, but i think it was the love of home made/launching Rockets that gave me the edge lol

But as you said before, that "Google" thing does worry me as well a little, but i got it now so i'm happy . . .

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any tips for taking pictures of a LCD screen | Corrupt PSD and AI Files »