New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Bringing Fonts and Families together

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LazyCarrot

LazyCarrot is on a distinguished road

I've got a fair few fonts, for the most part free downloads, and many of them display as single fonts rather than as a nice neat family (so, e.g. Fred italic, Fred Bold, Fred Bold Italic etc rather than just as Fred with a submenu to select Italic, Bold, Bold Italic etc).

Is there any way of combining these individual fonts so that they show as a family?

I use FontBook for my font management, and i realise this goes someway to organising your fonts for you but - I'd like to see the font family name displayed in the application rather than a list of all the variations.

It's 'cosmetic' - as the applications work fine if the fonts are individually listed - i just find them messy looking and would like to have the application lists tighter and neater.

This is for home use - i'm not in a heavy pre-press environment, for the most part i just enable/disable a few of the more esoteric fonts from time to time - so i have a fairly stable set of fonts that i use regularly and i'd rather not have the font list running off the bottom of the page when it could all be nicely compacted if i could combine some of the fonts into families.

Running Mountain Lion - and using Photoshop CS3 (primarily).

FontForge was suggested as a possible solution - but it looks a bit like rocket science just to get it installed, and i'm not even sure it would do the job i want it to anyway!

Any advice much appreciated...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Options to correct blurry text | Lighting gear »