New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Disable iPhoto start/import when camera connected?

Thread Closed

geekboy2000

geekboy2000 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A

Since I always re-size my images (or would like to) prior to importing them into iPhoto, I'd like the connected camera to simply appear as a drive. I'd copy the photos off, re-size them, and then import them into iPhoto. Is there a preference to "do nothing" when the camera is connected, except as I mentioned, to have it appear as a drive? FWIW, it's an HP PhotoSmart M305. Thanks.

Mark
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

you have to go into image capture, and selest preferences. underneath there somewhere you can select what happend when you connect your camera.
geekboy2000

Mac Specs: 20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by macAttack
you have to go into image capture, and selest preferences. underneath there somewhere you can select what happend when you connect your camera.
Thank you very much. I had forgotten (or rather, never known) that Image Capture was a standalone app. That took care of it.

Mark
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

hey, i know you got your problem solved and such but just from personal experience, i did this for a while and now i am extremely annoyed that i have done it because now i have this picture i absolutely love and just a small copy of it left. good enough for a 4x6 print, but i would love to have the larger copy.

just my .02
have a good day
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
geekboy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z
hey, i know you got your problem solved and such but just from personal experience, i did this for a while and now i am extremely annoyed that i have done it because now i have this picture i absolutely love and just a small copy of it left. good enough for a 4x6 print, but i would love to have the larger copy.

just my .02
have a good day
-chris
You make a very good point, as I have also regretted re-sizing some images after the fact. I don't think I'd be as concerned if it weren't for the fact that I may not yet fully understand iPhoto and how it works once photos are imported. Re-sizing, and even re-naming already imported images seems to be much more of a challenge than it should be. So, that's really the reason for my order of operations.

Mark
andrewmiller25

andrewmiller25 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz iMac Core 2 Duo, 1.5Ghz Powerbook G4

Thats something I've been wanting to know for a while as iPhoto keeps loading and then stalls when I connect my camera.

I've always found that importing images manually easier and doesn't take any longer to do

Thread Closed

« iPhoto Smart Album + Film Roll Organization | Which one is better? »