New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Graphics pad

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Happy Buddha

Happy Buddha is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Refurb'd 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 w/ Retina & 256G Flash

I'm a jr. math teacher in a technology challenged school. I want to buy a graphics pad to use with my new shiny MBP to project (we do have a few projectors) equations on the whiteboard as I write them.

Anyone have recommendations on a graphics pad? A Wacom Bamboo seems to be the most popular/safest choice, but there also seem to be several Chinese brands (Taiwan/PRC) with less customer support, for about half the price of the Bamboo.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Drew
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
A Wacom Bamboo seems to be the most popular/safest choice, but there also seem to be several Chinese brands (Taiwan/PRC) with less customer support, for about half the price of the Bamboo.
If you're going to be using it in class to project, don't skimp. The Wacom is a good choice and will last for years. Costs more, but as the old adage goes... you get what you pay for.
QUOTE Thanks
Happy Buddha

Thanks chscag, that was my thought, but just wanted to get other's opinions.
QUOTE Thanks
bboggess

bboggess has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Mountain Lion 10.8.4, Retina display iPad

Been using the Wacom Bamboo for year and a half now. Does every thing I need it to do and it is very durable.

Bill
QUOTE Thanks
Happy Buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboggess View Post
Been using the Wacom Bamboo for year and a half now. Does every thing I need it to do and it is very durable.

Bill
Which model Bamboo do you have? If its one that has "swiping", do you find that useful?

Thanks,
Drew
QUOTE Thanks
bboggess

bboggess has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Mountain Lion 10.8.4, Retina display iPad

I use the Wacom Bamboo. Model number on it is CTH-470. It has the "swiping" that you are asking about but I don't really use it. I use a track pad and a magic mouse with my mini for day to day stuff.

Bill
QUOTE Thanks
swisscow

swisscow is on a distinguished road

I also use one in my maths lessons, Wacom Bamboo.

Only really use the pen, none of the gestures. Using it with Curio at the moment but Open Sankore is pretty good though there is a problem with it and Mountain Lion at the moment so I'm waiting for an update.
QUOTE Thanks
Happy Buddha

Thanks for your replies, I went with the Bamboo Capture, which has the touch pad functionality, but as with you guys, I'll probably use mainly the pen.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quick copy photos w/o resources | GIMP help needed »